Large Scale Central

New Site Software (No longer a Sneak Peek)

From any page, type ‘=’ (equal sign) and the menu appears. “Keyboard Shortcuts” button available in the lower right corner.

Interesting:

Number of posts a user has to make in a row in a topic before being prevented from adding another reply.

Currently set to 3. I guess that’s some kind of spam prevention.

Found this in the old forums and fixed the thread.

1 Like

I hate to nag. Here’s another one in the same topic.

I sure don’t want you to fix these one-by-one. I can do that. Is there some more general way to fix these? Anything I can do to help?

It looks like the only thing missing in the posts is the actual video. I haven’t come across a post where text is missing as well.

You should be able to just edit your post and insert the video url again. If you dont know the vide URL, I can find it in the old DB. I just looked, and there’s 7,824 posts with video links in them. :slight_smile:

So is that the guidance then? We should all go reinsert our videos manually?

(That’s fine if that’s the answer, just making sure since you were at one point hoping to do this automagically).

Well, I want to write a script to do it automatically, its on my list, but I just need the time to do it.

No rush. I’m fine with it taking however long. And if I can write a script to help just let me know (send me an example input and output and I can generate some Ruby to do it).

1 Like

Just looked at “Keyboard Shortcuts” and found you can pop it up directly with “?” (question mark).

Bob,

My thread:
DCC++EX (new site insists on 8 character titles...)

posts 102 & 103 used to point to photos on my website. I went to edit them and found absolutely no URL there - no idea what they specifically used to point at?

If/when you have the time if you could look up the original URL it would be appreciated.

Not complaining or anything, I have notices a lot of my post’s pictures were missing, and since I am computer dummy could someone message or email me how to restore them , or just hunt them down and replace them. my emaill is [email protected]. Thanks Pete

Can you post an example of a thread where they are missing?

Nevermind, found a couple. Ill dig them up.

I was visiting and looked at the Mylocosound Premium Diesel thread, then the ‘Guest Power on the Triple O’ thread, and both had links that did not open in a new window - both preempted the current thread.

Is this normal? Is there an option we should set to force it to open in another window/tab?

Pete:

If you click on your avatar in the upper right corner, then the silhouette and preferences, you can select Interface and there’s a setting that will open in a new tab. At least it is supposed to…

2 Likes

Questions for Bob:

• do you plan on enabling the new user tutorial?
  • did you enable replying to posts by email?
  • it appears there is a wiki? Do you plan to turn that on? It would be a good place to put 3D STL files

New User Tips is turned on. New signups should see it. I’m guessing because we all came in as imported users that it doesnt trigger whatever makes that happen.

EDIT: Thread about the new user tips: One user does not get some badges although others do - support - Discourse Meta

I am going to be VERY careful about turning on any email features, but I intend to roll out email-based things as we move forward.

A Wiki post is a special kind of post, I will create a test one in the testing forum to see what the hubbub is.

You mean I get to control it myself. Wow. :face_with_monocle:

Thanks Jim.

Yea, that’s actually pretty slick.

Bob,

Nevermind, I found them by reverse engineering the URLs from the post dates.

1 Like