Large Scale Central

New Site Software (No longer a Sneak Peek)

Just posted for the first time on the new site, very impressive and easy to use and load pictures.

So are YOU (BD) absorbing the cost of picture storage now since there are NO more freightsheds?.

How much more should we give each year to HELP?

I actually don’t know my exact storage costs yet. Amazon is pretty cheap, my current estimated bill is 6c for October. As more content gets posted, that amount will go up. I wont have a good idea for a few months. But this version of the site is about 1/4 the cost of the previous version, its faster, easier to use, and very well supported.

1 Like

Well, please let us know.

I would REALLY hate for THIS site to disappear.

(But now I wish I had just contributed 6 cents! :rofl:)

It looks very good so far and I sure do like the picture posting!

1 Like

I have imported the articles from the old software. They have been posted into the Articles category, and I have prepended the title with ARTICLE:

One more thing off the list.

2 Likes

Very nice!!!
Yet, when I look at this one: ARTICLE: A Master Index for the J&B RR
I don’t see ANY pictures AND all of the text seems to just show HTML…

Not sure about the others, as THAT was the first one that came to mind.

I checked on an article (the article?) I wrote and it seems to be fine, though missing the embedded videos (no doubt something that is still on BD’s long list to fix):

ARTICLE: How to make a painted sign using image transfer

Interesting, there doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. I can fix them one by one…

It’s chugging along nicely and thank you for the patience Bob.

1 Like

I really hate to see you have to do anything else, Bob.

Is there something that WE can do?

Well, since they’re your posts, you should be able to edit the post. A few things that need to be cleaned up:

Remove all HTML, and convert it to ‘markdown’. I use HTML to Markdown Converter

Then, you need to fix the inline images, since the markdown tags are not used, and interfere with the formatting of the post.

For YouTube videos, you need to remove EVERYTHING from the iframe tags except the youtube URL itself. Then they just embed correctly.

Bob,

I have a lot of emoticons/smileys that no longer display, such as:
(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif)

Will these images be replaced, or should I scrub them all?

ok, weird. Bob it appears you edited my article to show the videos. Now I can’t edit it, and the images are gone.

Maybe I’m not doing the right thing about editing.

Here’s what I’m seeing:

And I can see the images when I look in the “edit” view, but when I look at the actual topic post I see this for the images:

Hm, I think we can revert to version 2, which had the images and videos.

I looked, but I could NOT find ANY way to edit these.

Not only that, but when I went to search for my master index article, I get this message: Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Edit: (I was here: A Build Log Index for the J&B and clicked on the link there to get the Oops! message.)

Bob,

I decided to start editing out those dangling emoticons on my pages, found there is no edit button
for me either.

Example: DCC++EX - #15 by Steve_GScale

===================================================================================

===================================================================================

Note that I am logged in (upper right corner), its one of my posts, and there is NO edit
icon in the lower right area.

Its sort of hidden. Hit the three dots next to the Reply link (…) that should expand the options available, and the pencil is the edit

1 Like

Bob,

I tried that - no joy:

OK, refresh and try now. There was a setting of how long (in minutes) after a post is created that you are allowed to edit it.

Bob,

We crossed posts, appears to be OK now, at least the DCC++EX thread …

1 Like