Large Scale Central

Website slowness, and a warning

Walter does Wayne, but only sos ya don’t see his lips move (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Would you wear one if it meant possibly preventing someone from being confronted with the virus…if not, why be so selfish…however there is no point in wearing one if you are alone looking into the camera…

Of course wearing a mask in these difficult times, is NOT something to be joked about… This is no place to be using wearing a mask, as an attempt at humour…it represents, sick political humour…

How about a pair of Grouch Marx glasses?

I dunno. I have stopped in chat a few times, and every time I did, everyone left. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Well BD whatever you have done to help the site is working. !2/21 at 7 PM it only took 26 minutes to get on the site instead of an hour.

David Marconi,FOGCH said:

Well BD whatever you have done to help the site is working. !2/21 at 7 PM it only took 26 minutes to get on the site instead of an hour.

might it be, that there is something wrong with your pc too?

even down here, with our stoneage connections, the forum takes less than half a minute to build up.

(most of that time needed by all the google & other background programs)

Korm Kormsen said:

David Marconi,FOGCH said:

might it be, that there is something wrong with your pc too?

even down here, with our stoneage connections, the forum takes less than half a minute to build up.

(most of that time needed by all the google & other background programs)

Nope! Other sites load as normal while LSC sits and spins to a time out retry screen

I have been working with tech support to try and find out what is causing this. In order to get some more information, I have asked them to turn on some fairly invasive logging, which has the chance to impact the speed of the site even more. This will be for no more than 48 hours, so we can gather more data. Sorry about this.

BD - The pain will be worth the gain (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

FYI, LSC Home page loading result via Firefox Browser at about 10:45 AM Pacific Standard Time:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception’ with message ‘Too many connections’ in /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:352 Stack trace: #0 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(448): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() #1 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(112): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘SET time_zone =…’) #2 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(256): Core_Bootstrap->_initDb() #3 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(207): Engine_Application_Bootstrap_Abstract->_executeResource(‘db’) #4 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application/Bootstrap/Abstract.php(150): Engine_Application_Bootstrap_Abstract->_bootstrap(NULL) #5 /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(149): Engine_Application_Bootstrap_Abstract->bootstrap(NULL) #6 /hom in /home/rmccown3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 352

-Ted

12:30 PM PST No issue with loading using Firefox and Comcast Internet.

Mike

It is 0710 Monday 28 December here in Australia and 1610 in Washington DC Sunday 27 December and I have had no trouble with LSC opening and viewing threads.

I randomly log in at varying times during the day and have not experienced any of the issues being reported by US members.

I am using MS Edge that came with the WIN 10 machine at the moment but have no issues if I use my Linux machine with Firefox either.

Hopefully that may give a clue to the IT guys.

This website has been loading slowly for me for some months on both the PC and the laptop.

Other websites and forums come up anywhere from instantly to 2, 3, maybe rarely 4 seconds, while LSC at least once took more than 30 seconds.

Both PC and laptop run windows 10.

I mainly use Firefox but sometimes pull LSC up on Chrome.

And because of autism and some other neurological stuff I run several script, GIF, and ad blockers, in these browsers or the web would be unusable for me.

I had decided to not previously say much about it since I’m not financially contributing to LSC from my SSD income which runs about 17 dollars a month below the poverty level for a household of 1 as set by Department of Health and Human Services. (most all my large scale trains except for some HLW Macks picked up now and then were bought a decade ago with lump sum back pay from the settlement.)

Figured that since I’m not financially contributing I won’t complain.

Fred Mills. said:

Would you wear one if it meant possibly preventing someone from being confronted with the virus…if not, why be so selfish…however there is no point in wearing one if you are alone looking into the camera…

Of course wearing a mask in these difficult times, is NOT something to be joked about… This is no place to be using wearing a mask, as an attempt at humour…it represents, sick political humour…

Ok

Bump for post count

2/14/2021

Just me or is this website crawling the last few days.?
I have tried from my iPad and laptop, same result. Sloooooooooooooow.

Vincent D’Agostino said:

2/14/2021

Not here in Australia its loading just as fast as it always has.

On 2 laptops running Win10 and a desktop running Linux.

It’s fine for me here is AZ.

Vincent D’Agostino said:

2/14/2021

Must have been your typical east coast information superhighway traffic jam. Mine was doing the same thing with a couple “522” messages. Seems back to normal now.

Real slow the last couple days… (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Every time I open this thread my antivirus throws up this message;

"Online Threat Prevention

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kormsen.info. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

No idea why it is happening.

Yesterday it took almost a minute to open a page.

But now it’s back to normal, for me at least.