Large Scale Central

Website slowness, and a warning

GAP said:

Every time I open this thread my antivirus throws up this message;

"Online Threat Prevention

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kormsen.info. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

No idea why it is happening.

that’s odd.

there are many pics from my site kormsen.info on this forum. but as my site has no https certificate whatever, there should be no “unmatching” certificate.

Korm Kormsen said:

GAP said:

Every time I open this thread my antivirus throws up this message;

"Online Threat Prevention

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kormsen.info. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

No idea why it is happening.

that’s odd.

there are many pics from my site kormsen.info on this forum. but as my site has no https certificate whatever, there should be no “unmatching” certificate.

Korm, the picture in the signature next to “My Chaos Place” is not showing up anymore.

It used to, but my antivirus is now blocking that appears to be the source of the message.

I went to a few threads on LSC where you have replied and got the same message, but when I went to your site kormsen.info by following a link in a thread and via a search engine no message appeared.

Really weird; maybe my new antivirus (A paid subscription as opposed to the free one I used to have) is a bit sensitive.

about twenty years ago i used to teach others, how to use computers…

… but nowadays i more and more feel like chaplin in “modern times”.

they add “features” to everything, until one can’t use them anymore.

btw - the pic in my signature is supposed to be a picture-link to my site.

Korm Kormsen said:

Clicking on the blank space where the picture used to be takes me to your site with antivirus happy as…

Click on the thread and it does its “Danger Danger!!!” routine.

Maybe LSC is doing something funny to the picture; who knows it is not the end of the world just one of those little quirks that happen occasionally.

Its not affecting the site speed or anything that is all OK.

Korm Kormsen said:

Korm,

Your signature picture and link to your website works just fine for me.

Joe Zullo said:

Korm Kormsen said:

Korm,

My antivirus does not like the picture but is happy with the link, no idea what is happening with it.

Looking at the message

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kormsen.info.

We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

Is MS Edge the culprit here, or is it a certificate issue?

Maybe the computer experts can offer some explanation.

GAP said:

Joe Zullo said:

Korm Kormsen said:

Korm,

My antivirus does not like the picture but is happy with the link, no idea what is happening with it.

Looking at the message

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to kormsen.info.

We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

GAP,

Apparently your browser (msedge) and my browser (Firefox) are handling Korm’s picture location differently.

That’s more than likely correct, Joe. Browsers are continuing to add security features in an effort to make it less likely that ‘bad things’ will happen. Some of that revolves around the http/https issues, and others around security certificates.

Joe Zullo said:

GAP said:

Joe Zullo said:

Korm Kormsen said:

Korm,

Looking at the message

GAP,

Apparently your browser (msedge) and my browser (Firefox) are handling Korm’s picture location differently.

Looks like I may have found the offender I opened this thread in Edge and Firefox on a different laptop (same anti virus installed).

In Edge the picture is blanked out but in Firefox the picture is visible (thread open in both at the same time), the link still works in both, but interestingly the antivirus does not throw up the message on this laptop.

I will compare the settings for the antivirus on both laptops to see if they are the same, they should be because I left them at the default.

All I want to do is get rid of the annoying pop up message.

And back to the theme of the thread I have never experienced slowness on this site.

Perhaps the issue has something to the service provider being used (in Aust we have National Broadband Network (NBN) which uses fibre optic cabling)

GAP said:

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-microsoft-suspicious-connection-blocked-by-antivirus-in-windows-10/

Or you could just ditch edge and run firefox or chrome

Actually, has anyone tried Brave? Apparently it’s based on a decentralized distribution system. Just in case you think that sounds smart, I assure you I have no idea what I’m talking about of course. But it is very fast. I’ve learned that much about it. And it processes Large Scale Central very well, which is all I care about !!

I have tried Brave. It is a decent, fast browser based on Chrome and has many built in protections. I would recommend it.

Yes. I use it. It is a good browser.

Rooster said:

GAP said:

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-microsoft-suspicious-connection-blocked-by-antivirus-in-windows-10/

Or you could just ditch edge and run firefox or chrome

I tried to follow the instructions on that link but when I opened my settings they looked nothing like the pictures in the link.

The main difference I can see is that my Edge has a profile picture next to the 3 dots and that opens with a settings option that doesn’t have the “General” tab.

Interestingly Korm has just posted on another forum, G Scale Central (UK based) and when I opened the thread anti virus did not react but when I opened this thread it went through its “Danger” routine.

I will look at running Firefox but as the wife uses this laptop as well it might confuse her if things look different (she is a Technophobe) so I will try it out first before changing.