Large Scale Central

TrainOps 2022

Fortunately, you have a good bit of shade, especially late in the afternoon. Maybe we need to bring a few of those big mister fans they use behind NFL player benches in the early fall!

Arvy is all packed up. We hit the road around 10. See you tomorrow afternoon.

I’m planning for after noon as well

Sorry I am late in replying but will try and stop by on Friday after work.

We do have a couple patio umbrellas for shade, and like John said there is shade around the yard at varying parts of the day.

We landed at Minuteman about 2PM. Nice afternoon to hide in the AC! Off to NH first thing in the morning. Will be at Bob’s in time for pizza.

3 Likes

Here are a few from todays operations on the RGSNH

4 Likes

Miscellaneous rail motors idling at Burke, avoiding going out on the line because it’s hot.

5 Likes

We hadn’t been here before and we were really surprised by how nice it is!

Here, Jon plays with his train - trying to pick up all of the correct cars.

Down in the basement - some VERY nice models and great scenery. Just the right height to oversee the operations.

A gorgeous trestle.

Al pointing out the obvious…

Outside at Al’s.

On Bob’s extended patio.

4 Likes

As shown above a good time was had by all. Before Bruce & Jean arrived, C.V.S.Ry. #8 pulled the passenger train. I only took a few shots…

Then it was off to Bob’s to run a few trains around his downsized layout and enjoy drinks and a meal with friends. Long, hot day. No pictures from Bob’s, sorry.

Morning ops

[

3 Likes

1 Like

95f temperatures put an early end to ops today, but everyone that wanted to run a train or two had the opportunity. Thanks to everyone that showed up despite the heat.

Y’all look to be really concentrating real hard (especially Bruce!) and having a great time.

Thanks for sharing all those Bob, and your viaduct and new branch line look great!

1 Like

Thanks to Bob and Martha for another great TrainOps! Well done!

I really like how easy it is to post pictures now, but I will wait til I am home to edit.
Trying to edit - a LOT easier on the computer, even compared to the tablet!

Here, Bob surveys his domain:

Jon and Bob discussing SOMETHING. :innocent:

My critter is getting closer to Bob…

Bob trying to stay cool in the shade.

2 Likes

Just before we left, Bob reminded me that I had not yet taken my “traditional” photos from the deck, so I quickly did that.

Lots of changes, but still lots of fun!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the pictures…they are greatly appreciated.
Some names on the people in the pictures, would be helpful for those of us who haven’t met everyone.
Fred Mills

Whistle tribute for Ken

7 Likes

Fantastic Bob, thanks to you and all the guys there for that.

1 Like

That whistle tribute is absolutely freaking awesome !

Thank You !!!

1 Like

Today was a hot day with temperatures reaching 100 degrees locally. There was however a breeze and lots of shade. While we had a very small crew we all had fun. Operations started about 9:30 AM and the last crew finished up at 5PM.

We have a tradition on the railroad to have a wistle blow for those that have operated on our railroad and we really enjoyed Ken’s visits. We will miss him.

Stan

Some photos from today.