Large Scale Central

TrainOps 2022

Hope to see you next time, Andy

An update on what will be possible here Friday and Saturday.

I have Wiliamsport about 95% rebuilt except the car float and one siding. Dead Rooster Gulch has two sidings. Burke yard seems to be ok. Franklin Falls will not be used for TrainOps.

So, Friday will be run-what-ya-brung. Saturday, all ops trains will be starting/ending at Burke yard, and switching both towns. I expect that for the most part, we’ll be less ops here and more running trains and catching up with friends.

I will also have a bunch of AMS brass track (rail and UV damaged ties) for sale, and I think also a bunch of aluminum track. Plus various things I dig out of my shop.

It’s possible that the new Majestic might be partially done by then, too. We’ll see.

EDITED 7/11 PM. I was able to get a refund on Ric’s site. So it’s no longer available through me.

I just talked with Ric. He and Jan will not be able to make it due to Jan’s recent knee surgery. This leaves a full hookup campsite at Minuteman Campground in Littleton available for Thursday night July 21 through Sunday Night July 24.

PM me here if you can use the site.

If you have never camped there, this place is really nice, and fully wooded. About 10 minutes to Bob’s, 45-60 minutes to Al’s and about a half hour to Stan’s.

You could always enlist the Friday crew to help you finish things up. Looking forward to seeing y’all in a little less than 2 weeks…

Some of it is availability as opposed to actual time needed, but depending on what I can get done this weekend, Friday might be a “run over all this track to make sure things are OK” day

Looks like the weather gods are with us. low 90’s every day, Sunday there is a chance of thunderstorms but is vary scattered chance.

AL P.

Sounds good Al. What time on Friday are you welcoming guests? We come in Thursday afternoon to set up camp.

Have a blast guys, and please post pics!

Probably won’t be able to post until I get home, but I’ll experiment…

You’re not coming? Harumph.

1 Like

Wait. You’re NOT coming?

The horror! :broken_heart:

Jon, All,

Anytime after 9:00 AM At the RGSNH

Al P.

I wish you guys, a GREAT weekend of FRIENDSHIP, Operations, and just plain FUN, next weekend. Stay safe…
In case anyone is interested;
…we just had the 6th Saturday of operations, here on the IPP&W, with around 20 great people taking part. All is well in Ottawa.
This past (Maintenance) Wednesday, we replaced the oldest piece of PT roadbed on the railroad…over 20 years in the ground. It was a 10’ diameter curve, of ORIGINAL Aristo track on it. The rail and tie strip were in perfect shape, and were relayed on new PT, 2x8 roadbed…hopefully good for another 20 years !!
Fred Mills

Some final details about here Friday and Saturday. You can show up any time after about noon. Friday is the official run-what-ya-brung day, so if you have something nifty to show off, bring it. As usual, this is the final “fix that switch!” day as well. If there’s enough interest, we’ll order pizza like we have in the past.

Saturday you are welcome any time after 930. We’ll probably send off the first ops trains around 10. We will have lunch meat and potato salad for lunch. Donation to help offset the cost is appreciated. We will have some soda, but you are welcome to bring your own beverages as well.

Depending on interest, we’ll run ops through around 4, or have some more run-what-ya-brung. We are not bringing in dinner this year, but will have a list of local restaurants.

Weather is looking good, if hot. Minor chance of rain late Saturday and Sunday.

I sure wish I could Bob. I’ll have to enjoy the event vicariously again.

Cliff; I wish I could be there too…meeting you, and the others, would be a great pleasure.
Fred Mills

…I’d even provide a 24 of J.W.Dundee Honey Brown Lager…!!!
Fred
(Shades of wonderful friendship memories from the past…Ken Brunt used to bring a case of it with him to the “Invasions”, even though he never “Used” the stuff himself…then there were the “Rodent Parties” at the hotel in York…!!)

Sunday the SJR&P will be holding an ops session for TrainOps.

DCC or RC visiting locomotives are welcome for this session. Bring your own or use one of ours.

The SJR&P is a 1:20.3 3 ft narrow guage railroad with a 1:20.3 standard gauge interchange.

Sunday will be in the 90’s with the chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon. Most of the railroad is in the shade which helps.

The railroad will be open at 9AM with Ops scheduled to start around 9:30 or so.

We will have lunch around noon. As with the Saturday session at Bob’'s, we will have lunch meat and potato salad for lunch. Donation to help offset the cost is appreciated. We will have water, iced tea and some soda, but you are welcome to bring your own beverages as well.

We are asking our guests who are socializig on the deck to wear masks, while on the deck. We have extra masks if needed.

Stan and Deb

The latest weather outlook for the weekend is very, very hot. Highs of 95 tomorrow, 96 on Saturday, and 99 on Sunday. In light of that, Saturday I am opening the RR at 9 with ops starting soon after.