Large Scale Central

This is never going to end

Ralph Berg said:
Ken, I've seen similar conditions in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan many years ago. Better them than me :D Ralph
You got that right!!

(http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/cocaine-cat-snow-much-eyes-1291859099d.jpg)

That’s a peculiar 'photo Ken. The road could be the UK - notice the cars are on the correct side of the road lol, but I don’t think that amount of snow fell here, even in Scotland! Could be New Zealand.

Kind of a cool picture. Where is the snow they removed?

Shawn said:
Looking West. In center is Delaware River and where NY, NJ, and PA meet.

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/Railroad%202011/Shawnspiclookingwest.jpg)

Alan Lott said:
That's a peculiar 'photo Ken. The road could be the UK - notice the cars are on the correct side of the road lol, but I don't think that amount of snow fell here, even in Scotland! Could be New Zealand.
Or Japan.

…Or South Africa :wink: Or Sweden & Iceland 40+ years ago.

TonyWalsham said:
..........Or South Africa ;) Or Sweden & Iceland 40+ years ago.
Tony how are you doing. Down under is getting its butt kicked by everthing but snow.
Ric Golding said:
Kind of a cool picture. Where is the snow they removed?
Good question. Probably did they same thing that Philly does............dump it in the river.

But my thought was how was it removed. Payloader? Such square sides with little evidence of being blown up and over.

Ric Golding said:
But my thought was how was it removed. Payloader? Such square sides with little evidence of being blown up and over.
I was thinking the same. Looks like a big snowblower went through.
Ric Golding said:
But my thought was how was it removed.
Photoshop ?

Another question was how did they know where the curve in the road was?

Ric Golding said:
Layer transparency in Photoshop ?

Okay, I give.

I don’t know that its a fake, but when something looks unbelievable, it probably is :smiley:

Finally some good weather news here. The predicted 6-9" of snow/sleet turned into a dusting with light rain falling now. We are supposed to be in the 40’s tomorrow. Plan on doing some clean-up outside and maybe a test run of the LS Shay of I can get enough oe West Escape` clear of snow and ice.

You just never know. This picture was taken at Glacier National Park in late June or early July.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/thejoat/Misc/H_04_35.jpg)

I have no idea how much snow they have in January or February. I’d rather not be there to find out.

Jon Radder said:
I don't know that its a fake, but when something looks unbelievable, it probably is :D

Finally some good weather news here. The predicted 6-9" of snow/sleet turned into a dusting with light rain falling now. We are supposed to be in the 40’s tomorrow. Plan on doing some clean-up outside and maybe a test run of the LS Shay of I can get enough oe West Escape` clear of snow and ice.

Jon y we lucked out as well. Got 1/4 inch of snow then freezing rain. Now mostley rain with patchy freezing rain in spots. Look out another possible big storm late next week and a smaller one monday-tuesday.
Well I thought it was rain. Trees are covered in ice and temps at 28with steady freezing rain. I can’t win

Jon Radder said:

Ric Golding said:

Layer transparency in Photoshop ?

Could be photoshoped. The caption was “Al Gore’s motorcade heading to a global warming conference” if that tells ya anything…:wink: This was taken in July 2003 at Mt Lassen in northern CA…

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/kenbrunt/_forumfiles/lassen04.jpg)

It isn’t photoshopped…:wink:

:smiley: I’ve seen plenty of real pictures of huge snows in the mountains. Have one of my son Aaron taken a few years ago in Colorado. When I was in Aspen about 10 years ago, we were heading down the mountain for Reno in the hotel’s van and I asked the driver what the 15 foot posts were along the side of the road. His answer; so they can find the road after it snows :o