Large Scale Central

The rebuild has begin

…gosh; I do hope no-one was suggesting that you should wear an old “Chamber pot” as a hat…!!!

It’s good to see that whether you wear such a hat, or not; that you do practise the great “Branch Railroadian” task of tasting holy waters from various places. This is a task we perform for the good of the masses, and of the members of our proud “Fellowship”

Carry on with pride and dedication, Fr.David.

Fr.Fred

BTW…young or old; Jacky and Jilly, will always survive, as long as they wear their bicycle helmets while climbing hills. It’s the untested water they were carrying, that got them into trouble. By now they should have learned that a well on the top of a hill, usually is dry, while the one below, in the valley has the sweetest water. Besides; an afternoon spent at the pub in the village, is more fun than climbing hills for water of questionable quality.

From the Urban Dictionary:

1.  ass-hat  	

One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around.

I just had to look!

David Russell said:
Do you guy's know what an "asshat" is ? I just got called one on a Volvo repair board I'm involved with? How do they write it today....."I dunno"...... seeking enlightenment on this. I will take the first step and admit it Fred! I am consuming alcoholic beverages (anyone ever drink Troges Beer?) While debating on "Jack and Jill" I still don't know what an asshat is? Anyone have teenagers?......I have a 7yr old so I'm not asking him ...however he probably knows the answer!
David,
urban dictionary said:
2. asshat

A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.

You want the answer to any of the “finest” try http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Hehehehe and Larry O worries about “Ventilator” or “Foamer”???

…a new word for me to use over at “T’other Place”…“Asshat”…nice feel to it and there are lots of them over there…!!!

I thought it was invented by a bloke who wasn’t sure of the diff between “hole” and “whole”. Probably Australian!!!

Dave Healy said:
I thought it was invented by a bloke who wasn't sure of the diff between "hole" and "whole". Probably Australian!!!
Speaking of Australians, have you seen "Introducing the Dwights"??? What an absolute riot, with serious undertones. ;) :)

:lol: :lol:
Perhaps now when I ask stupid train question like “is there any quick simple way to make a USA geep 9 run opposite in polarity by changing the wires around on the trucks. Or must I disassemble the unit to do so?”
Thanks guys for lettin’ me in :wink:
:cheers:

The good news: The loop is complete, and I ran a train around today to keep myself company. Found a couple of turnouts that need maintenance, but I RAN A TRAIN!!!

The bad news: The digicam is on the fritz. Even with new batteries it doesn’t do anything. Grrrrr.

Glad to hear you had a win. About time the hijackers gave your thread back, too!

Gotta admit, though, there’s a buzz to this hijacking thing. Maybe I missed my calling in life . . . .

Didn;t someone say once that theres nothing like the outsides of an iron horse (even a small one) for the insides of a man?

Good work, Bob; I know the feeling.

Tomorrow’s plan is to cut ties for switch rebuilding, and get me some industry sidings to switch.

Fred Mills said:
Good work, Bob; I know the feeling.
Agreed!

Camera still on the fritz. I may use my cellphone temporarily…

Anyway, rejiggered the switches for one siding, bought me another industry siding. Have to cut in a third RH turnout, that’ll give me 3 industry sidings. Then I think Ill work on Burke Yard a bit…

OK, progress as of this afternoon, and a trackplan. Everything hilighted in yellow is done. Green is the incline to the storage barn to be built behind the shed. Red is the ‘escape’ that allows loop to loop running. The black is what I intend on having built at the end of trackbuilding season this year. Im currently working on Burke Yard (the yard right/center). I have the entry switch built and ready to go in, and then its just a matter of laying down pre-built sections of track and switches.

If you rotate that trackplan 180 degrees to the left I think it looks like Hilary?
Seriously though…Bob what is your max. grade? You have those 2 loops over and under in what appears to be a short space? I think it’s pretty sweet. I just have a basic folded dogbone(kinda sucks,need siding’s etc). I can picture them running and I can see some hellish scenery possibilties with that plan! Did you leave any room for the kids to play in the yard?:lol:

Max grade is about 2 1/2 percent. The 2 loops are pretty sizable.

Size so far side-to-side is about 50 feet, and maybe 90 up and down. Plenty of room still in the yard!

2 1/2% …now I have a better image. I’m picturing my kid running a highball on the main and I’m running down to the industries on the LH siding(between the loops) with a GP 38-2 to do some switching and pull the loads back out to the main. Can you fit a passing siding between the loop’s? Just asking?

Well, operationally the loops arent connected, thats just just a convenient ‘escape’ for when guests come over and ‘want to see a train run’.

Bob, that is a very interesting track plan!

You say “Red is the ‘escape’ that allows loop to loop running.” What do you mean?