Large Scale Central

The Bank

That must be the bank president’s car sitting out front…:wink:

Yep, that’s the Duesenberg out front. I got some sunshine today so I got a close up of the front.

Super job Bruce. I love the curb and sidewalk detail. A lot of folks would just leave that out, but it really finishes it. The facade of the Bank is just fantastic. I can’t quite read the name on the door…

Not close enough, eh? :wink: How about this?

You got a broken window on the front door there. I’d call maintenance.

Hehe. I didn’t see that string until I glued the roof in place. It would be impossible to clear it away now. Plus, it’s a bit harder to see from my normal viewing angle.

Jon Radder said:
Super job Bruce. I love the curb and sidewalk detail. A lot of folks would just leave that out, but it really finishes it. The facade of the Bank is just fantastic. I can't quite read the name on the door...
You were posting the close up the same time I was posting the above. I might be half blind, but I can read it now :D

You need a bigger church, too.

Bruce,

What scale are the cars, 1:18 ?? They look pretty good in comparison to the new people and buildings. I’ve not found anything close to 1:20 other than 1:18. The 1:24 stuff looks too small. Unfortunately I have a boatload of them.

I need bigger buildings all around. The bank is 1:20. The stores and church are nominally 1:22.5, but may be smaller than that. So, they’ll eventually migrate to the other side of the street, or to another street as I build more 1:20 buildings.

Get the good pictures now before the birds, squirrels and tree debris get to it! Excellent work Bruce. Its funny how even a small building in 1:20 dwarfs the piko/pola buildings. Is the side walk acrylic also?

-Brian

Jon - Someone said the Duesenberg is 1:18, but my other Hubley model cars (two are in the picture) are 1:20. The pickup is 1:19, but fits right in. Like you, I’ve got a bunch of 1:24, but they’re slowly leaving the area.

Brian, how true! The sidewalk is also the base - and it’s 1/2" white foamed PVC. I also used the same material for the front of the bank.

WOW! That’s a Doozy! 'Way cool.

That church is now a chapel. :smiley:

Steve Featherkile said:
WOW! That's a Doozy! 'Way cool.

That church is now a chapel. :smiley:

Yeah Steve it puts things in perspective. Mind you there are still those who would say “The scale difference is hardly noticeable” (aka suitable for “G”). :wink: :slight_smile:

How does that foamed PVC hold up? Do you bring it in in the winter?
The building looks fantastic! i may just build one myself.
Thanks for sharing
Terry

Wow, that bank looks terrific!! Absolutely beautiful! I especially like the lettering on the doors, really gives it an authentic look.

The money is inside the bank. But the doors don’t open.

Hehe! That sounds like a bank. Doors won’t open when you want the money, only when you want to deposit it.

Great job Bruce and a great center piece for Main St.

Wow!!!

Look what I missed when I couldn’t sign in here for awhile! Great stuff!

Richard Smith said:
The money is inside the bank. But the doors don’t open.” Hehe! That sounds like a bank. Doors won’t open when you want the money, only when you want to deposit it. Great job Bruce and a great center piece for Main St.

Must be my bank. I can have a loan, as long as I can prove that i don’t need one… :slight_smile: