Large Scale Central

The Bank

Actually, 4 more walls. :wink: Thereā€™s a 1/8" piece of acrylic that goes behind this.

Ken - I saw those. I thought they were pretty reasonable, but a bit small for 1:20. I think if I were in that business Iā€™d make a set for 1:20 and another for 1:29. But, Iā€™m having too much fun building from scratch. :smiley:

Beautiful work Bruce. Will the bank be going in your town amongst the Piko buildings or are they gradually being replaced?

-Brian

Good question, Brian. Iā€™m thinking that the Piko buildings will end up on another end of the street. But, itā€™s going to be an eventual thing until I get enough 1:20 buildings to make a decent street scene.

I think I can count on my gas station - itā€™s sort of 1:20.

Iā€™m thinking I need a grocery, a hardware store, a post office, a restaurant, maybe a small hotel, another bar, andā€¦not sure what else. :smiley:

and a police station to keep the rowdies in lineā€¦:wink:

Beautiful! I like the contrast between the white trim and the ivory.

Bruce, I really like the windows. It should look great when it is completed.

Mike

Thanks, guys. Itā€™s coming along, but itā€™s been interrupted by several trips. The hard part is basically done, and now itā€™s just some assembly. The walls go together quite easily. The acrylic cement sets up fast and strong. I left one side of the paper on - for no real good reason.

I put a strip of styrene at the bottom edge to act as sort of a foundation. Then I cut an opening for the door. It doesnā€™t really need one, of course, but if the back is ever visible it will add a little interest. I glued the sheet in place; the joints will be on either side. Eventually, Iā€™ll have enough buildings so they wonā€™t even be visible.

I glued the sides on, and they seem to look pretty good.

I scribed the base to make it look more like a sidewalk, then painted it gray. I also painted the red brick. Nothing is glued, but I arranged things to see how it would look.

Nifty. Howā€™d you do the corners of the brick?

Bob - I glue one side down, then just fold the overhang over the edge. I put a board up against it and clamp it in place until it dries.

Cool. Looking good!

Jon.

Looking really good. Are you detailing that interior with those big windows or are you going to cover them from the inside?
Dave

No interior. It really canā€™t be seen. Iā€™m thinking of painting the inside a dark colorā€¦just to assist.

But even in my giant building, with a zillion windows, you really canā€™t see inside at all.

Started work on the doors. Iā€™m just using some strip styrene to build them. The back door is complete here and Iā€™m just building the two front doors.

Next Iā€™ve got to build a vent. I was planning on just a circular stack, but in looking around the workroom I havenā€™t been able to find anything suitable. Perhaps Iā€™ll build a regular chimney with a cap.

Itā€™s finished! I havenā€™t landscaped it all, but itā€™s now outside.

Bruce that looks really good. Now the important question: Whereā€™s the MONEY? :slight_smile:

The money is inside the bank. But the doors donā€™t open. :frowning:

whoa, thats nifty.

That must be the bank presidentā€™s car sitting out frontā€¦:wink:

Yep, thatā€™s the Duesenberg out front. I got some sunshine today so I got a close up of the front.