Large Scale Central

Startin' Over........Again

And in order to hijack back the hijacking… Todays progress

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=74&page=22

What was the topic ?

Bart is actually making good progress; pay attention you guys…

Fred Mills said:
Bart is actually making good progress; pay attention you guys.......
Bart who?

More work…

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=74&page=23

Bart looks super!!! What about Bob??

Looks like your back in full swing Bart.

Looks great Bart!
You got a ball field or something behind the house?

Matter of fact…yes I do…the Middle School Football Field and baseball diamond are over the fence to the right of the camper…

Bart Salmons said:
Matter of fact....yes I do......the Middle School Football Field and baseball diamond are over the fence to the right of the camper......
I thought so.... Sorry didn't mean to go OT I'm into town life/ community there is so much to be offered! ;)
David Russell said:
Bart Salmons said:
Matter of fact....yes I do......the Middle School Football Field and baseball diamond are over the fence to the right of the camper......
I thought so.... Sorry didn't mean to go OT I'm into town life/ community there is so much to be offered! ;)
You'd especially like the "town Life" during Halloween. The parade of charactors that pass by and the running commentary from Bart during all this gives you an excellent "feel" for small town living..............;)

HEhehehe and we ain’t talkin’ about the kids in costumes either!

Record someof it for the Friday night show

I have that here Ken…I am on Main St.
:wink:

OK train fans…looking for comments suggestions what have you…its Spring of 2010 and I got loads of work to do…

Space that the 2010 Ext will occupy…

12 ft curve from the old staging yard…will curve down to the passing siding at Chandler on a 2.7% grade… two 12 foot curves connected by a 10 foot tangent making a flat bottom teardrop…the industries for Chandler will be inside of this loop there will be a Liftout bridge on the tangent to allow whellbarrow access…

nd a final tangent for the Cutoff fromm the curve back to a junction near that laundry pole making the cutoff…there will be a switch for an eventual extention towards Port Lavender…

Ladder for the curves

SH*T Bart, can’t offer any suggestions, but I think ya need a ‘build Bart a RR’ weekend with the boys

Bart
Put the rr yard on a trailer!!
Then you can have a raised rr.
Then when you do it again…Your’e ready!!
Sean

Industries on the inside of the loop? They would be more accessable on the outside and also a bit more prototypical. Your railroad, your rules, but I’d think that part through.

Ric Golding said:
Industries on the inside of the loop? They would be more accessable on the outside and also a bit more prototypical. Your railroad, your rules, but I'd think that part through.
Part of the motivation there is that since the mainline is going to loop all around the switching area and have a rock border this will provide protection for the industries or track in there from blowing debris, lawnmowers and non operating peoples...... Plus thats a large dead space I'd have to do something with ...like MOW THE GRASS in there yick! Really if ya look at it its not uncommon to have industries inside a loop or a wye for that matter!

The industries in there will be roughly based on Jackson on Bruce’s Jackson & Burke . Where he has Matheson Textiles and the Fuel dealer the WV&K will service a brick plant, and another industry or two. The track will only be about 12" off the ground on the loop, so liftouts won’t be too much of a hazard. There will be a footpath that takes credit for being a river for access, and on the cutoff route during operations the bridge may be removed completely to prevent temptations for using the cutoff as a reversing loop.

And since I’m handlaying all the track, the ladder method isn’t going to work for me, so I’m sticking with Freds Tried and True 2x technology. Simple, solid, and the rest of the layout is already built that way…