Large Scale Central

Startin' Over........Again

can’t wait to see it going. Take lots of pictures.

Boy… Bart…
Thats a nice area to work with and I see you have lots of ideas… We have most of our layout about a foot off the ground in most places… Makes it easy to work around, but readly made track. Great location, keep posting… Noel & Jane

Bart,
See your explanation made perfect sense, glad you thought it through. I like the idea of the removable portion during operations. Maybe you should have it “insertable” for that very seldom, but sometime necessary, continuous running. :wink:

When will it be done?
:wink:

David Russell said:
When will it be done? ;)
You say that to all the girls.
Ric Golding said:
Bart, See your explanation made perfect sense, glad you thought it through. I like the idea of the removable portion during operations. Maybe you should have it "insertable" for that very seldom, but sometime necessary, continuous running. ;-)
MAtter of fact Ric....after looking over the area some more this afternoon after mowing.......I've decided to put in a full loop for continuous running, only a portion of which will be used for actual operations. This will actually give me an extra station with more industries to switch. I'm still going to install a turnout for "future expantion" and in this case will lead to a "progressively mobile turntable" a basic turntable like you use at Cat Dump, that moves on down the line whenever I extended the mainline......

Sooooooooooo, how is Pop going to get his trailer out of there?

Ken Brunt said:
Bet when he needs it he won't care about the RR! :)
Ken Brunt said:
I guess ya didn't notice when you were here, but we installed a wider front gate last year after he took a chunk of trim off the trailer trying to get it lined up in the dogleg of the alley......

I didn’t notice that. I was too busy sleeping in the easy chair…:wink:

Yeah those cahirs are Deadly…'specially if yer trying to do something constructive! I make it a point to stay out of them during ‘working’ hours!

OK while drinking coffee this morning and thinking…I copied in PSP a drawing I made in my notebook while at work yesterday. Rough idea of what I’m thinking, not to scale or anything and of course subject to change with input…

Looks pretty diabolical to me…:wink:

I like the idea and the basic plan for constant expansion.

Portable TT (turntable)? Can you show that? Sounds interesting.

Steve Featherkile said:

Well I havn’t built one yet…But this one is on Fr Fred’s IPP&W …

Git’er done :slight_smile:

Steve Featherkile said:

Steve, Went searching through old pictures to give you an idea of our portable turntable. Please excuse the shadows, but you’ll notice there is no turntable or trackage at the end of the sidewalk. In fact, this area has really changed in its look, but the only time trackage crosses the sidewalk is during an “Ops Weekend”. Otherwise, all that siding trackage of the mine and turntable are portable and stored away. Without the siding and turntable -

With the siding and turntable -

Thanks, Ric, I’ve got the idea.

Today’s progress…

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=74&page=24