Large Scale Central

Sinsley 2022 MIK build log

Devon lamented that I didn’t post this on HIS thread…so… :skull: :money_mouth_face: :broken_heart:

Bruce, you should include that photo on every post you make to his build log just to make him feel better :wink: And, didn’t you post a build log on the bucket loader you constructed many moons ago?

1 Like

I did build the ‘prototype’: Bucket Coaling Station

And actually built the HO version a LONG time ago…(last century, even)

:grin:

Yep, that is the one I remember. It crossed my mind to build one for this year’s Mik but I couldn’t find your build log to steal… umm, I mean … ummm to use as a guide :grin: Thanks for providing the link. I’ll bookmark it for future reference.

Thank you Bruce, I feel much more loved now.

Well, in the interest of saving YOUR time, there is only ONE link to remember: ARTICLE: A Master Index for the J&B RR :innocent:

1 Like

That really is a beautiful model. And after seeing the drawing and your rendition It does give me motivation for the outdoor version. No way I am putting that much detail into something up on my ceiling. But I really do like the overall look of that model. outdoors they are wood burners so no need cor the coal hoist but It could be used as a general purpose crane. It is a very tempting build.

Hehe…THAT works!

As I recall, building that crane was LOTS of fun. With a 3D printer it might even be more so. :innocent:

I saw that in another post I like it and adding the sand house would be perfect for my new vision for my outdoor with the very scaled down them. I plan on having many more buildings as time goes on.

Cool.
You make a good point about detail - it’s hard to maintain it - my building philosophy evolved to “EVERY building has to be able to be cleaned with a hose”

That all depends on the size of the hose :wink:

Sort of kind of…I liked to be able to wash stuff down without destroying stuff. NO pressure washer.

1 Like

It’s still very much a great model, Bruce. We love it.

1 Like

That feeder track seems a bit… erm… short?

It’s a long story…
But yeah.

1 Like

but a short pier ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Man the challenge hasn’t even started yet and my post is going to hell

Wait. Devon is complaining about topic drift? :slight_smile: :smiley:

:grinning:

Busted. Pot calling the kettle black