Large Scale Central

Sinsley 2022 MIK build log

That really is a beautiful model. And after seeing the drawing and your rendition It does give me motivation for the outdoor version. No way I am putting that much detail into something up on my ceiling. But I really do like the overall look of that model. outdoors they are wood burners so no need cor the coal hoist but It could be used as a general purpose crane. It is a very tempting build.

Hehe…THAT works!

As I recall, building that crane was LOTS of fun. With a 3D printer it might even be more so. :innocent:

I saw that in another post I like it and adding the sand house would be perfect for my new vision for my outdoor with the very scaled down them. I plan on having many more buildings as time goes on.

Cool.
You make a good point about detail - it’s hard to maintain it - my building philosophy evolved to “EVERY building has to be able to be cleaned with a hose”

That all depends on the size of the hose :wink:

Sort of kind of…I liked to be able to wash stuff down without destroying stuff. NO pressure washer.

1 Like

It’s still very much a great model, Bruce. We love it.

1 Like

That feeder track seems a bit… erm… short?

It’s a long story…
But yeah.

1 Like

but a short pier ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Man the challenge hasn’t even started yet and my post is going to hell

Wait. Devon is complaining about topic drift? :slight_smile: :smiley:

:grinning:

Busted. Pot calling the kettle black

Okay so pictures maybe slow coming for a day or two. I spent Friday shoveling my Daughers roof. At some point my phone fell out of my pocket and is in a snowbank somewhere til spring. So I need a new one.

But first day saw progress. I did decide to use some 3D printed details. So I spent Saturday printing a door and two windows that I have designed for another project. I printed and tested my LED light engine I have been working on for awhile. It worked great. It will power 5 fibers run to various fixtures. I designed and printed two different lamp shades. I printed some chimney sections I have designed for another project. I think that is all the 3D pringint that will take place.

Per Dan’s suggestion I am making it to mach the Engine house. So I have been splitting cedar shingles and gluing them on. I cut some foam for the cut stones. I have the wall mostly finished and ready for assembly.

I’ll try and get some pictures.

As a side note, I have decided to name the yard after one of our friends who couldn’t participate this year. He was kind enough to share with me a little of what life is taking him through. So I want give him a little prop and have him as a participant, even if only in spirit. So I hope to finish and bring you the Rowson Yard sand house,

3 Likes

Nice of you Devon, but I didn’t think you should name things after the folks who are still with us. I am of course honored!

Sure you don’t want to name it the Brunt Yard? Or Stan’s Yard?

Up to you…

1 Like

Jim,

I believe in honoring the living as well as those who have passed. Sometimes more especially if I can do something small in the here and now for someone who just needs a little something in a rough time. I named the Snow Shed for Ray Dunakin when he was having a difficult time. Now you are experiencing a little struggle. And if I can bring just a little joy then I am pleased to do it.

Of course I will respect it should you not want it named after you. But If It brings even a little joy then I really would like to give it your namesake. You are just on my heart and mind as I work on this project.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong. I find it touching. Thank you…

One minor thing: RowsOn not RowsEn :slight_smile:

1 Like

So i borrowed the wife’s phone. It just isn’t a build log without progress photos.

Devon, check your email :grin: