Large Scale Central

protocoling a mountain

that would look too modern for my layout.

and such a hanging transport would just do, what I don’t want

it would raise the eyes of the observers.

with its nearly eight foot above the floor, this will be the second highest mountain on the layout.

did the first cover up.

using a very big, round brush and my beloved crack filler (not thinned this time), just dabbing it on the mountain surface, not stroking.

some of the wire-grid disappeared. I think, with two more goes it will be fine.

Korm,

The mountain is looking really good.

Ralph

well, I tried out the fancy modern stuff the forum got now…

thank you.

well, I am nearly contended.

if I hide some spots, that still show too much wire mesh structure, with some brushes, grass and other vegetation, it will do.

a milestone!

if I discount some additional pics, then this thread, this mountain and its tunnels, has reached 60 pics.

(either I take too much pics, or the mountain is too large.)

just two more goes, spraying two more different shades of grey, then I will declare this side of the mountain done.

Looking really good Korm.

Nice work Korm!

thanks for the kindness

Real nice there Korm! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

How do you plan on blending that monster into your background?

i thought, to paint the background, to show a chain of mountains as “optical prolongation” of the mountain.

Korm…I hope you can paint fairly decently…

That mountain came out reallllll nice.

Good luck and keep us informed.

depends, on what you call decently.

below you can see how i paint. and the new painting won’t be any better.

Korm Kormsen said:

well, the shell of the mountain is done. so far…

later i will do the necessary finetuning, like hiding the still white spots, planting some gras and bushes and the like.

That looks great Korm!

Korm,

This is great. It is like a giant HO layout. Your detailing is second to none. Indoors offers some definite advantages in construction options.

thank you both.

to be true my two biggest reasons of modelling indoors are:

1. my wife wouldn’t like to give me a single square foot of “her” garden.

2. the garden has no airconditioning. (we got about 300 days a year with 100°F or more)

Korm Kormsen said:

thank you both.

to be true my two biggest reasons of modelling indoors are:

1. my wife wouldn’t like to give me a single square foot of “her” garden.

2. the garden has no airconditioning. (we got about 300 days a year with 100°F or more)

300 days at 100+ I think you got the better end of the deal.

OH BTW with that big giant mountain shouldn’t the top be a white snow capped mtn. Maybe with a yeti or a skier.

with 160 scale-foot height it is not even a real mountain. just a rocky hill.

no yetis for me. not even bigfoots. if the layouts gets anything else, than cowpokes, injuns and CW soldiers, it will be along the line of men in black…

or i’ll give green cards to these guys

Korm Kormsen said:

with 160 scale-foot height it is not even a real mountain. just a rocky hill.

no yetis for me. not even bigfoots. if the layouts gets anything else, than cowpokes, injuns and CW soldiers, it will be along the line of men in black…

Well it may only scale out at 160 feet but you have given it the illusion of being much taller. You are the master at compression. It “feels” much taller. For that matter the tunnels “feels” much longer. What do they scale out at? Maybe I am nuts but that mountain just looks like a mountain and not a rocky hill.

the longest tunnel is 105 cm = 42 inches. so it is about 105 foot long in my 1:30 scale.

1 Like