Large Scale Central

Portable Pizza Layout

Work on the new base has commenced, this is the back side, not that it matters at this stage. I’m going to lose the double storage track, its too wide overall, besides I can add storage tracks inside the layout under the upper level supports. Powerpacks will be moved to pockets at rear of scenery

upper support in place

Storage track installed under support

Pizza set in place

now I need some foam, need to do something with that back wall as well

Vic - That looks awsome. You have inspired me in starting a small indoor layout. You have proved that you dont need a lot of space indoors for a small RR

Damn Vic now we’ll have to get a shorter christmas tree. Great build.

Dave

OK time for an update here: Well believe it or not the 4 ½ x 6 ½ proved to be TOO LARGE!! but not by much. I want to expand to On30 down the line so that means I need to create room for it next to the pizza, so after much pondering and thinking, to get the needed space I abandoned the side track expansion of the pizza (not a hard decision after I tried moving the then 3’ x 4 ½’ layout by myself, it ceased to be a portable layout) and decided to minimize the still under construction lower level. I wasn’t really gaining anything with the double loop setup so up came the track and out came the Multi-master, after cutting off about 12inches from each side I now have at 4 ½’ square what has to be the smallest G scale indoor layout in the world!

Even has a fiddle track at rear I also lowered the pizza level about 4 inches for better accessibility. It even has block control (well, why wouldn’t it?) and the upper pizza is still removable, in fact the whole shi-bang is potentially a completely mobile layout. I’ve always been more into the modeling that the running of stuff so this works for me, simplicity in its purest. Still quite a bit to do this winter scenery-wise, as you can see the “saga of my ever shrinking railroad” is still alive and kicking…

So mr Vic. How do you transport this thing? In a pizza wagon ?

(http://images.streetrodderweb.com/events/0308sr_fresno14_z.jpg)

(http://www.pizzatrucksofcanada.com/Images/smokin.jpg)

How many pieces does it break down in to?

VERY CAREFULLY, AND THEN SOME!!! HAH LOL THE REGAL

Maybe something like this would be more my style :lol:

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0jhe4AbFCnY/SO0tOpc3ozI/AAAAAAAACDo/1n0D8BfSx0g/s400/volkswagen-micro-bus-Digg.jpg)

Only 2 peices, the upper pizza, and the lower base which is on castors, if I had a panel van or a larger trailer, I could concievably roll the lower base into it and take it places, but there very very few venues for that out here so I think it will just get rolled around the yard, there you go, a garden RR without the garden!

That thing keeps getting better vic.

Amazing! Truly amazing!

Victor Smith said:
Maybe something like this would be more my style :lol:

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0jhe4AbFCnY/SO0tOpc3ozI/AAAAAAAACDo/1n0D8BfSx0g/s400/volkswagen-micro-bus-Digg.jpg)

I think a Grateful Dead T-shirt made from hemp is required to drive the “Dub” :smiley: Ralph

Blue foam underway:

Victor, you may be having too much fun. :wink:

Looking better with each detail. When are you going to find the time for that ON30 layout? LOL

Shawn said:
Looking better with each detail. When are you going to find the time for that ON30 layout? LOL
Once I finish this layout, and Ebay alot more stuff inside the garage, hopefully starting early next summer. As it is I'm still revising the basic plan for the On30, unlike G once the track goes down on that, its not as easily changed or revised so need to have the plan 99% sure its what I want.

Come on Vic we want to see it done Love your work those rock formations and color are impressive

Made a small addition, a fold down section, doesnt effect the storage area of the layout yet I get another continuous loop for the dinky stuff. Already built it, just need to run a power wire to the new siding, looks like I’ll have to hook up the BTE so I can walk around this thung.

Links dead?

Link is dead. Victor put your work into an Article here and all can see it with out a decoder ring. :wink:

Ric Golding said:
Link is dead. Victor put your work into an Article here and all can see it with out a decoder ring. ;-)
You HAVE A DECODER RING? I thought I was wicked cool owning an Orange spider ring! (they are rare ya' know)