Large Scale Central

New shed

well I demand that you jack up an make everything coplaner, and level in all directions. Come on Cliff we expect precision from you!! LOL

sarcasm font in full effect here.

That was a stupid post cliff. You showed some awesome rolling benches but not one photo of the yarn train???.

Mark this day LSC friends. I never ever thought it was possible to hear these words come from Cliff.

He’ll be cussing himself after a week of dealing with the situation and start Cliffing it to perfection. :sunglasses:

Oops, I thought I had.

1 Like

Oh no…

1 Like

Will he?
Won’t he?
Stay tuned, same time, same post, next week to find out…

David Marconi sets up another classic HOLLYWOOD…

1 Like

Honestly it’s a simple fix.

Instead of measuring off the shed floor for the fixed (desk) corner table which I believe you did?
Just snap/draw a level line off the (rolling) end benches (assuming they are all at the precise height) unscrew and re-screw the corner desk to the level line. However if it gets into the bottom of his window casing then he is gonna really be pissed! If that happens we can discuss scribing the casing to the uneven desk.

1 Like

Hey Martha,

Yep, I did both. But the rolling benches ain’t super square. And the floor undulates. And I’m no longer sure that the shed floor is level…

And, well, I don’t care anymore about that aspect. I figure that’s why God made shims.

But don’t take that as being unappreciative, Martha! Or is it David-Rooster speaking?!?

Sorry, it’s hard to keep up, especially with John Allen always channeling me at the wrong time… John, I love you but cool it, ok?

CJ

1 Like

I dunno Cliff. If you move the fixed bench, rolling stock may roll.

Have you taken some time out to over-think it? Luckily for you, I have! Thank god you left a crawl space!

Have you checked out the LSC advertisement section?

Here’s what I reportedly found…

One of our experts installing the SmartJack System

ADVERTISEMENT
When joists in the crawl space begin to sag from moisture damage, mould, or inadequate project Devoning, the floors above them will sag as well resulting in Cliff Hanging benchwork.
These LSC APPROVED support jack systems will provide long-term strength and stability for your shed floors by supporting from below and leaving room to install more rail yards.
Call now and get a free Amtrak carriage. (Original box not included)

You’re welcome! :grimacing: (and BTW feeling your pain… sigh)

IMG_8672

i wouldn’t care for a mere half inch of height difference.
once the worktables are in use, there will be a several inches deep layer of “stuff” camouflaging it.

3 Likes

I’m on Korm’s side. I have no idea if my work tables are level. If someone would like to come over and clean my hobby room they are more than welcome to put a level on them and see.

How can you level tin foil benches? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

with tin foil shims made from my hat.

1 Like

Korm, I’m with Devon, I appreciate your philosophy there.

It’ll hep me ignore the 1/4" height difference I’m suffering from… eventually.

:thinking::sob: :crazy_face:

I finally finished the workbenches today.

The toolboxes have a counter section to them, held in place with frames that fit tightly in the rim around the top.

The corner cabinet is a salvage from a kitchen remodel a few years ago. It’s for power tool storage. After cleaning and repairing it, it got its countertop section as well.

Here’s the whole group. I’m very relieved it doesn’t feel claustrophobic!

Next is a wood rack and then shelves. Then a couple years of staining all the benchwork, yay.

:smiley:

1 Like

hmmm… :thinking:

that looks different from my solution for a lengthy workspace.

1 Like

I don’t see the laser or cnc or the 4 3D printers. Is there a hidden compartment when you slide back a side wall or lift the floor to get to the sublevel stairs? :innocent: :sunglasses:

Screw the tools, and the racks that just cries out for track - HOn3 perhaps?