Large Scale Central

New shed

i disagree. he will not want to disturb his fancy fake floorboards. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That is why there is vanilla and chocolate ice-cream. The future will tell…

Bill, that would be cool, but probably not. I have a train shed of sorts under the deck, and it works ok. Except for needing maintenance to the access doors… But if I ignore that it works ok. :grinning:

Only 24 hours till the doors open for disco night in

The workbench effort is progressing more slowly than I’d hoped, but small steps are in the works.

The overall plan involves a sort of “tiny house” approach, with an all-around work surface that is mostly mobile, on casters, all at at 35" working surface.

The four mobile benches are tiny, 2’ x 4’, on lockable casters. Long way to go, but here they are at the moment.

CJ

I would like to make a recommendation. I would move the miter saw bench to the middle. That way if you want to cut an 8’ or 12’ or longer piece you have the tables on either side.

excellent point :sunglasses:

Done!

:grinning: :grinning:

If it was by a window you could of just opened it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I screwed the plywood down after work today… so now they’re functional, yay.

The casters are working very well. In case anyone’s interested:

1 Like

Let him alone as he rearranged it correctly! He left the compressed air by a window so when he wants to blow off his miter saw he slides it down the table and blows it out the window!

That’s the Martha Stewart in me but it’s thinking!

Besides if something happens to him we are gonna have to find an elephant OBGYN that could use those rolling benches!

1 Like

I am surprised he is just having plywood for the top,

Looks like MDO which has a thin layer on the surface and full plys, no voids in the layers.

i hate the abreviation-plague!
what the … do these letters mean?

Doc that specializes in female parts…
Obgyn = obstetrician/gynecologist

thank you full 20 much.

Thanks Rooster!

Well, that explains a lot. All these years I thought it was Bob Vila in there.

That’s hard to picture, but you made me try…

:grin:

1 Like

Look up Smoky & the Bandit II with Dom DeLuise

1 Like

Last weekend I ran a “yarn train” for my wife’s yarn studio open house. Also got most of the 4 rolling workbenches done, and finished them yesterday morning.

Then came the fixed bench, which will be more or less a desk area. Almost finished it today, but it still needs outer trim.

With all the tolerances stacking up, and slightly uneven floor, the top surfaces aren’t all co-planer. But WTH it’s close enough.

Cheers,
Cliff

That is looking less and less like a shed and more like a high end workshop!