Large Scale Central

New shed

Cool…(that sure sounds like too much work for ME…) :innocent:

I sure like your pictures!

Very very swanky Cliff. Normally I would say that is a little over the top for a shed but then I remembered this was Cliff. So its just about right. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hell I’m still waiting on the wainscot and picture railing. :innocent: :rofl: :sunglasses:

Bill, that’s what’s happening here as well, but with a twist. After renovating our garage she claimed it; and that’s why I’m moving out of there and into the shed.

The garage is full of stuff though, need to clear it back out so she can use it… but notice the lack of a thread on doing so…

1 Like

Give me some time, and there’ll be plenty of blood. Which reminds me, I should probably get one of these…

2 Likes

Bruce, I’ve been updating the workbench plans today, so here’s a better reply (and thanks again for asking, haha!)

Starting at the top and going CW: L-shaped desk area (with your shop vac and an air compressor beneath); trash bin; material (and long tool) storage; table & band saws; door, cord storage.

Continuing from the bottom: saw horses & your work mate, 4 small (2’ x 4’) rolling benches, power tool storage (in a corner turntable cabinet unit we ripped out during a kitchen remodel years ago and will finally get a new home); and tool cabinet with a new top.

Shelving and storage bins will be added, but I need to see how this all works out first… the initial model was looking kinda claustrophobic!

All the dark brown surfaces are intended to be unfastened masonite. I’ve used that material in the basement shop, and it’s been great. Hard to replace those though, because of their odd sizes (5’ wide…), they really need it after a decade. These will be more replaceable: e.g., 2’ x 4’ for the rolling benches.

At least, that’s the plan… :grinning:

3 Likes

Truly magnificent! Well done.

1 Like

Cliff,

I think as long as your wife isn’t posting her shed conversion to a quilting or scrapbooking :thinking: forum, I may be ok…

Otherwise you and I both may be in trouble! :sweat_smile:

Bill,

I’ve not ever suggested to my wife that she might do so… And as a matter of fact, I don’t think she’s inclined toward forum activity much at all. I hope… :thinking:

I thank God for that, now that you’ve helped me understand the ramifications otherwise… !! :exploding_head:

But hey, cheers, mate! :crazy_face:

In the “I want to deal with the floor as easily & simply & cheaply as possible” department, I got a roll of vinyl flooring from Lowes that they wanted to get rid of – basically at half price. I’m hoping to use the “loose laying” method, which is code for “I don’t feel like paying for the glue, or going to the trouble.”

The pattern is horrifically-often repeated, and the color is too dark. But $.91/sq ft made it look quite pretty to me… a third or a fourth the cost of what I liked. Corners cut. But sheesh, prices are just plain stupid these days…

Anyway, I’ll cut it tomorrow morning, and roll some heavy things on it, like the table saw and whatever. If it starts to bunch, wrinkle, walk, etc., I’ll abandon the “loose lay” method and start gluing the stuff down.

1 Like

Once you get it covered with all of your “stuff”, you won’t even notice the floor.

1 Like

Save your self the time and glue it first unless you have the 6-8" wheels for the rollers, and even then it will be iffy. JMHO YMMV noted by FOGCHHNNG. :innocent: :sunglasses:

1 Like

With peg board in between and portieres on heavy rods that can be pulled inward to cover the tools on the wall durning disco night.

1 Like

Oooohhh…

Hollywood, I had to agree. After rolling some heavy things around on it, nothing moved; but after thinking things over, I sure as heck don’t want to be plagued with bubbling and whatever in the future. So it’s all cut and glued down now.

Yes, that’s so, Lou.

However, the bare plywood floor, with all the paint & etc I’ve spilled and dripped on it, would catch my eye and just bother me. And finishing the plywood (sanding, filling, sanding, staining) was out of the question. So, the vinyl is simply a way to hide all that.

OK, I’ll bite, what does that longer thing mean?

1 Like

After the grand kids I mixed up I told you I’d have to add " can’t read " so I added Need Glasses to the rest. F-ing Old Guy Can’t Hear Hate Noise Need Glasses.
Hope that brings you up to date. JMHO YMMV :sunglasses: :innocent:

Cliff,
Is there any provision connecting a rail yard in the shed to the mainline?

If you look at Cliff’s Granddaughter train thread, the first video in post #13. At 39 seconds shows how close the track is to the shed. Can see it again at 5 minutes. Looks like the track is almost level to the floor of the shed. I predict a trestle (maybe removable) to the floor of the shed. :innocent:

1 Like