Large Scale Central

New shed

Sure looks good there. Have you been able to clean it? :innocent:

Been there done that for many years !

Imgur

Maybe after the paint and sawdust settle down, you bet! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Starting the trim work, beginning with painting the rafters…

2 Likes

This is me totally not stealing this phrase…

So Cliff,
I’m impressed with the amount of lumens you’ve installed in your epic shed build. It also explains why you chose a UV resistant stain and varnish. :grin: What is the central round ceiling light purpose?

Fun story. In the 60’s, there used to be a meat processing company called something like Vegan Meats. I can’t find the details now that I’m looking for them, but I believe it was an Italian immigrant named Vegan(insert some thing long and Italian here) which they abbreviated to Vegan.

After hours disco club?

Hey Cliff
Are you going to install one of these ?

Bill, the round light was temporary during the wiring phase. But, since it has its own switch, I left it in. That way I can get a tan while working indoors. :grinning:

May do, Sean. I’d like to vent the ceiling area somehow… I’m considering a small skylight or two. But a cupola that’s openable from the inside would work.

1 Like

Most days it’s Bob, John, and me,Dave Marconi posts at 0 dark in the morning Norm Gary are the hard working duo that take some time out to say hello and show picture of their builds and with Norm his building of his layout

Finally got the trim done, yay! My wife and YD both thought white would work best, and in retrospect I agree.

Thanks to Jerry B for the idea on how to trim out the rafter ends. My approach was only slightly different than his: each rafter end has two long “C”-shaped pieces facing each other, using 1/4" plywood cut on the laser.

Purpose of the exposed rafters is stock storage, and perhaps making things seem more spacious (until I store stock up there, then it’ll not feel more spacious).

After a bit of touchup paint, the next stop is workbenchville.

Cheers,
Cliff

Sure looks good, Cliff! I’m VERY interested in the workbench…what are your plans?

Thanks very much, Bruce!

I’ve been planning on a fixed bench at the end under the AC unit, and four short rolling benches that can lock together (which has been working well in the garage, but Linda’s keeping those).

Also a few small rolling stands or racks or bins (larger power tools, wood scrap storage, etc.), but that’s up in the air for now.

Thanks for asking!

Operating table way too clean

Sounds good to me.

Where will you have the laser & the 3D printers?

1 Like

if that were mine, i would build a leanto for the tools, build a bathroom and rent it out!
that room is much too beautyfull for a workshop!

So Cliff,

As I recall, subtitle of this thread was “A Tale of Two Sheds”.

My wife actually annexed my shed space (“the loft”) under Eminent Domain (the “Happy Wife Clause”).

I was wondering if your wife on was on another forum showing off her new shed space in case she shares the same hobbies as Herself. I need to see what sort of challenge you’re up against. :crazy_face:

They’ll stay in the basement. The laser has its own exhaust system, but I need to put in an exhaust hood for the 3d printers at some point.