Large Scale Central

New shed

I got about the same vane Lou,

1 Like

Bill,
That’s the least of his problems right now! He should be trying to figure out clearance’s for the iron brackets that the government is gonna screw to the side of his shed for the hanging flowering baskets!

Cliff hanging baskets - Copy

Cut the man a little slack ?

1 Like

Lou, you made me look.

This costs more than my entire shed project put together (but not as much as the divorce I’d have to pay for if I got it):
https://www.westcoastweathervanes.com/weathervanes/train-weathervane/

On the other end of extremes…

Still pricey but really nice:

I think the one you showed is this one:

A big iron sucker:
32" Aluminum Train Weathervane – Atlantic Flagpole?

Another biggun, real cheap, but the bracket looks flimsy:
https://www.amazon.com/Montague-Metal-Products-Weathervane-Ornament/dp/B009ZIG63I/

This is my fallback though,

The $61 looks like the one I bought. Only it was over 10 years ago and probably cost less.

After moving 5 tons of gravel, putting in some rocks, and generally tidying up, this thing is about done. Other than some sod.

3 Likes

Looking good Cliff :sunglasses:

Thanks Hollywood. :smiley:

Cliff, after catching up on all the work you’ve done with the retaining walls, drainage and fill, I need to go take some pain medicine as it made my back hurt :wink: you and Linda did a great job.

1 Like

Snot bad Cliff. It take you a while :kissing:

all that work!
if i would have done it, the result would look like the line of boards and beams on the right side.

but, about of that wooden line:
what is it for? make another stone-row there?

We understand organisers are preparing for unprecedented crowds at ShedOps 2024.

Analysts studying the setup, believe it is for Festival Seating, Korm. Note the pickets going in that are just the right size hold temporary fencing, keeping crowds from getting into the mosh pit.

Apparently it’s taking LargeScale Centralia by storm. Rumours are that there’s even a bigger ShedOps facility under construction in Alabama.

Korm, it’s a (marginally-effective) way to divert some rain water, until the sod is planted and that bare soil is secured.

Thanks for asking. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: v

thanks for the explanation.

:grin:

did you answer in American, or in English?
if the first was the case - thanks for the explanation.
in the second case - oh, oh…

:thinking:

Have to agree Korm.

Putting the old sod down is quite different to laying new sod. We could even venture into a in depth discussion of Sod’s Law, but I suspect Cliff might tell us to sod-off.

In any event I need to get back to work the garden or I’ll have done sod-all today.

1 Like

Catching up on old posts, it dawned on me what is missing from Cliff’s shed.
If you want us all to come out there to meet, you will need to put in an alcove or we won’t know where to go!

It’s right in front of the door Lou wood deck ready for tables and chairs with room for the time saver if you bring it. :wink: :innocent: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great idea, Lou! Will this work?!?

I thought about moving the canopy to the front of the shed door for this pic, to emphasize Hollywood’s point. But the Advil hadn’t kicked in yet, so I took this shortcut. :grin:

And if you and Hollywood are game, wow, anything is possible! This from 2019, the last Alcove in York:

For others who might not know, in both pics, Lou is on the left, Hollywood on the right. In the last, they’re setting up Lou’s excellent timesaver that Hollywood referred to. :smiley:

1 Like

During the week I prepped the sod areas: tilling, raking, lime-ing, fertilizing, re-raking, and setting up some sprinklers.

Today was sod-day, starting with two trips to the sod farm for 15 rolls each. It was great that the sod farm was only 12 minutes away.

First to tackle was the new berm around Linda’s new fairy garden (a work in progress).

Then the hillside along the shed. Bruce, those timers are gonna save this lawn, thanks!!

Then the area behind the shed.

Lots of knifing and fitting, but overall it went very smoothly and quickly.

Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but Linda was especially inspired by the amazing “grand entry” to BD Bob’s & Martha’s back yard gardens and layout. So since this is the main guest entry to ours, we wanted to make it at least decent and not like a construction site gone bust. With future plantings by Linda, it’ll hopefully look inviting.

It’ll never be Bob’s & Martha’s though! This April 2023 pic doesn’t nearly do it justice… When we were there last July it was spectacular.

So, like I said, it had a big and pleasant impact on us, and fueled the effort on our shed landscaping project. Thanks Bob, and tell Martha thanks as well!

2 Likes