Large Scale Central

N.B.R.R. Construction Begins!

Congrats on the birth of your new daughter! What a beautiful baby girl!

The layout is looking good too, plenty of progress there.

:smiley: We Finally Ran Trains!!!:smiley:

Here is a rear shot of my RCS/Sierra Equipped Annie laid half the Main Loop! Ran No.703 on the Un-Ballasted track…kinda back and forth, a little tipsy…But fun none the less!

2 Years and 2 Months…whew…'bout time. Now I gotta finish that Banta Cab! just tossed it on for my dad, trying to show difference in size Fn3 vs Gn3… From the boys reaction…a point to point line would never do! cale

Cale nice job!
One question-- did you see her shadow ?
Keep the pics comming.

Sean McGillicuddy said:
Cale nice job! One question-- did you see her shadow ? Keep the pics comming.
HA-took me a min, sorry, now have visions of Bill Murrary dancing through my head......never even thought of that?????????????????

thanks

cale

The reason I asked –
My b-day the 1st
My buddy’s the 3rd
Don’t forget to take pics of daughter as much as trains!

I think you have the ratio of kid to train pictures backwards :smiley:

[center]A few shots of progress…some are a week or so old…things have really slowed down with the baby… I have a 10’ tunnel…need stable enviroment to lay track on-used Cement Trim Board painted ends black to camo inside entrance…

this is Cement Board with track installed…

here is the trans from PVC to Cement Board inside tunnel…

Track test laid and joined…this is a climb! Annie does it pretty easily…run the throttle up a little and she runs right in…only thing the trans is too “sharp” and frot truck jumps off going in or coming out, guess I should weight it a little and work on the trans…?

side shot…same place…same grade++++

here is a 6 ton pile of Rip-Rap…ordered 1 ton, 6 showed up, I bought it all, we’ll use it somewhere…I hope! Instead of 1 Ton, guy ordered 1 “load”…oh well

Next few are some rock I planted, along with some Moss I transplanted…not sure if this moss will stick, Plan to build wood retaining wall along side rock exit of tunnel to hold back the push…

forecast 77+ tomorrow, we’ll see…Rock On…[/center] cale

Cale
You will need to make a better transition into that tunnell.
Every thing looks great!
Never have enough rock!

He Sean,

I fixed the transition at the tunnel entrance today(read pulled up and started over)
cut in my switches for the passing siding at station locale (again)…
planted some more rock and almost finished upper loop to tie into the main…
getting close to running trains in a circle!

Whew, better go charge up the Annie for a Spin tomorrow—pics then!

Received RCS gear to convert Rail Truck…yesterday…Projects Galore!
Still have a Rogers to rebuild, a Porter to convert, and a Banta Cab Kit to complete…

oh joy…

cale

Now, if you could just get hold of Ray you guys could share the Ben Gay…!! :smiley: It’s coming right along.

Trains running on a loop!
Cold drinks watching trains!
When my kid was little , my beer was down on the bottom shelf so when i asked for a beer!
Life is good!

Well, since I spent the entire day working and running pictures had to wait until today…Did some early maint, and ran around in circles for hours on end…Annie still running last night when I put it to bed-RCS/Batt! Here is a shot of the corrected grade at big tunnel entrance

This made a huge improvement…Annie can tug at least 5 cars up hill now, only slowing on grade a little! This is the short tunnel exit here

a shot of the crooked main…looking up hill

Backside of short tunnel…have problem here with hook and loop coupler on tender(cars will derail everytime going down grade here)…everything else is KD, I have got to replace this thing!!!

just above the downhill is the top of main loop…I cut in a switch here and may put a yard on the flat…I have some spare R1 switches, I know…but I have them!

another shot

Had fun, gotta tweak it all, but it seems to be OK…Still a ton (or 6)of work ahead! cale

Saturday was my Middle’s Birthday…Ian Luke is a St. Patrick’s Day kid…here is a shot or two of what his dad did up for Him for the Special Day… Annie was also built up…her photos will follow in a few days!

9.6 NiMH battery fwd and rev with switch…runs nicely…Graphics By Del ar G-Scale Graphics…I plan to do a little report in a few days! Many thanks to TOC for the help in wiring! cale

Wow, the layout’s really starting to look good, Cale!

BTW, what are the rocks? Limestone?

Lookin good, Cale…!!

Cale, thats really starting to shape up. Looking good!

Cale
Keep the pics comming!
Great job!

Ray Dunakin said:
Wow, the layout's really starting to look good, Cale!

BTW, what are the rocks? Limestone?

Thanks Guys…

Ray, I think it is Granite…checked the website for Vulcan Materials Group…Pacolet Plant is just a few miles away…that’s where it came from…

Pacolet Quarry Product Specifications

Product Specs:

Specific Gravity
APP: 2.66 Bulk: 2.63 SSD: 2.65
Absorption %: 0.4
LA Wear (ASTM C131): 49
Sulfate Soundness, % loss: 1.3
Geology: Granite

it’s cheap, and close, and the neighbor has a truck to haul and deliver…$30/ton…$30 per load…the Asphalt Gravel that I’m using for ballast is $13/ton…made at the same Quarry…

cale

I got “Green” today! The Boys and I made a run to Lowes and HD and picked up a few things that I couldn’t order…here are a few shots…

Here is a list of what I “planted” Blue Rug Juniper (1) Juniperus Horizontalis “Wiltonii” Green Mound Juniper (1)Juniperus Procumbens Tuscan Blue Rosemary (2)Rosmarinus Officinalis Choclate Chip Ajuga (6) Ajuga Irish Moss (6) Sagina Subulata Wooly Thyme (20+) Thymus Wooly Dwarf Mondo Grass (12) Ophiopogon Japonicus “nanus” whew that was harder to type than to plant… there was one other, but the card is outside…Both stores guarantee the plants for a year…We’ll see! This is the first time I have ever planted anything-hoping it would grow! Green Thumbs Crossed! cale Side Note: for those of you just starting out in LS Trains…Whew…this has been a long process, that seems now just beginning! Not to discourage you…but as a realist I feel I must tell you: If you are not Wealthy and Have a ton of time on your hands…this project you are considering will take more time than you imagined…Even today, where I’m at…running Trains and planting “Green stuff” I still have sooooo much farther to go…so if you decide to continue (and I hope you do!) expect to be discouraged, but know, the “trip” is the “destination”! I’m having fun, just wish I had more Time and Money, I’m ready to sit back and sip a C2 Coke and watch trains run in circles! cale [:D]

Lookin’ good. Keep the receipts in a place where you know you can find them next Spring, not where “you’re sure you put them.” (Ask me how I learned that one.) Don’t be surprised to see 25% of the plants not make it. That’s why I buy from stores with the guarantee. I’ve got 9 or 10 outside now that are showing no signs of life so far. Naturally, it’s the plants that I bought for a very specific reason that aren’t making it…

Later,

K