Large Scale Central

Mills Fuel

I’ve planned for a fuel dealer for a long time, but had never got around to the details. I wanted a decent looking office but couldn’t find a good prototype to copy. Then, inspiration struck! I had to wait for my Canada trip to get the pictures I needed, but I think it turned out nice. (There is a bit of selective compression, as I didn’t have all the detailed measurements.) The happy owner inside…

A view of the tanker side of the operations

There’s a coal shed on the other side of the track

It sits between Salmons Produce and Matheson Textiles

There’s some other notable folks around…

Even Lee got a job. He got rid of his chicken and now fills fuel trucks…

…grinning…

NICE! Love the office.

Damn, Bruce, you’re making the rest of us look bad in comparison.

And a comparison photo…

“Window Treatments” are better than any high-dollar interior decorator could ever do.

Sweet industry with friends. Nice job Bruce :slight_smile:

I like it!
Feel free to box it up and send it to me. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Really neat new industry Bruce. Looks great.

Too that is a most clever technique Fr. Fred used on the prototype to cover his holy water still! :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink: I do hope you will use all due caution when moving loaded fuel cars out of there…

Looks wonderful, nice job… My only question is ““Where’s the Bheer machine??”” :slight_smile:

Looks great.

Andy Clarke said:
Looks wonderful, nice job..... My only question is ""Where's the Bheer machine??"" :)
Just inside the door, behind Fred :)

Nice Job Bruce :slight_smile:

Excellent model Bruce! Great details and superb proportions.

Curiosity, what is the base it is sitting on?

Bob C.

Excellent!

at first scrolling through the pics i did not notice, that one was the original building…
it is a worthy neighbour for Salmon’s.

Thanks, guys.

Bob, the base is 1/2" foam board. I’m not sure how well it will hold up outside at all. I put styrene around the edges and painted it; we’ll see.

First chuckle today!

Great model.

Did you get photo releases from Fred and Gordy??

Bruce,

I like the look and thought it might be good for a project I am working on for my club. Thanks for the response.

Bob C.

I’ve sat in that that building for 20 years and never noticed it wasn’t all cinder block.

Great job as always Bruce!

I’m honoured…thank you, Bruce for modelling the old shop.

Nice job Bruce, you do put us all to shame! Well, speaking for myself anyway. :slight_smile: