Large Scale Central

Ken Brunt passed!

I spoke to Fred the day I found out about Ken’s passing. That was not a conversation I wanted to have with Fred. We both remarked of how much Ken had contributed to the Hobby and Fred assured me he would get the word of Ken’s passing spread to our Canadian friends. Fred is doing fine and the IPP&WRR is doing well.

Ric, thank you SO much for making ALL of these calls. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Ralphs Train ^^^

Kens Train and Rics Buggy ^^^^

2009 /2010?? Running on the CVRR after ECLSTS

3 Likes

Pete his name is Ralph Berg…

I think Pete was referring to the figure…

1 Like

Jon, thanks for correcting that . Johnny Chuff Chuff (Le, cause I cannot currently spell his last name) Made the figure and it was awesome!

Pete,

He’s the guy to the left of Ken in the picture above that Bruce posted earlier.

Good pic Bruce !

1 Like

The person on Ken’s left, is Ed Mann.
…I’m doing ok, but have been hit hard by Ken’s passing…
Fred Mills

2 Likes

Johny LeForestier is the person that created the Ken figure…

1 Like

Johny LeForestier AKA Johnny Chuff Chuff is the gent hugging Ken in that picture Pete

1 Like

Maybe we should ask him if we can all have one?

2 Likes

If there is a way to cast them and he doesn’t mind that’s what I would want too!

Met him once at a Bluestone Op session, real nice, friendly guy, was glad to have met him. Condolences to all of his family
Fred Woodhaven, Mi

For anyone who would like to see an EXTENSIVE collection of pictures and memories of our FRIEND Ken Brunt; please go to the OVGRS web page at; www.ovgrs.ca then hit the link to "Mike’s Blogs. I think just about everyone can feel closer to Ken, by viewing all the pictures, taken at a multitude of locations…you might even be in some of the pictures…
Fred Mills

2 Likes

Great pictures - what a guy!
Thanks, Fred.

I don’t pay attention for a few days, then THIS happens!
My condolences to the family. I will miss the conversations with the back door guard at York.
I have “Brunt Interchange”, and will certainly remember him every time I look at it.I’m gonna miss you buddy.
I never made it out to his place. That’s another lesson in the fragility of life, I was always going to do it, and never did.

1 Like

I echo Ric’s remarks about how much Ken will be missed. It’s been a couple of days now and I’m still really shook about the loss of my good friend, Ken Brunt. Really don’t know what else to say. A whole lot of us loved the guy, visited each other and operated our railroads together. A lot of good Canada-US relationships resulted too. I was in email contact with Ken a few times every week, and we jived on several levels. Man it hurts, and I send condolences to Bev and to his family. This terrible shock must have hurt them very deeply.

Thank you for the compliments about my little sculptured caricature of Ken. It meant a lot to him to get it, and to me to surprise him with it.

Now, despite our loss, I know Ken would want us all do our best to enjoy the holidays, so best wishes to all from both me and my alter-ego, Johnnychuffchuff. Cheers, guys!

5 Likes

I didn’t know Ken outside his participation here. But those of you who knew him personally, I appreciate the pictures and sharing of memories. That’s enough to confirm for me that he was the special guy I assumed he was.

1 Like

I never did meet Ken in person. We had a couple phone conversations over the years. Ken was a unique personality. Like others have said, I had planed at one time to get to Pennsy and meet Ken and operate his railroad. Would’a, should’a, could’a says it all.

Ken didn’t always participate in a thread, but if he did, he always had something to say that was relevant and always worth paying attention to. I can’t possibly say I will miss him the the same light as those that really ‘KNEW’ him, but I will miss him none the less.

Condolences to Beverly and his family. RIP Ken.

1 Like

One of the Industries on the inside part of the Bluestone Southern is a petroleum fuels depot… I had my artist paint it on the wall and it was to be named ““Brunt Fuels””, in honor of Ken… He has been out to the Bluestone in October many years… Fortunately, the depot was completed prior to his last visit in October 2021 so he did get to see it…

Again, sincere condolences to Bev and Ken’s family and numerous friends for their loss…

7 Likes

I don’t believe this was posted and if it was forgive the duplicate post. However I thought others may want to see it.
https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23445587/kenneth-e-brunt/wall

4 Likes