Large Scale Central

Ground throw

When Diana calls “Honey Dear”, you will be up off that ground in a flash…:smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Warren Mumpower said:
When Diana calls "Honey Dear", you will be up off that ground in a flash....:D

:stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a girlfriend by the name of Diana, once…I didn’t marry her…

…as far as getting down on my knees to check anything. This why I’m developing an “Electric cane/walking stick”…it is to help in such situations, along with one of those garden kneelers, that are advertised in the LEE VALLEY garden catologue.

I couldn’t wait for HJ to make his mind up, and give up following the spoor of local bears, and other wildlife, best left alone; and making a treck here to aid me in my hours of need…!!!

I thought this idea was good , but I have not tried it myself .

in tips and advise , ground throw devise .

http://home.cogeco.ca/~daisybeach/

Its such a realistic beautiful railway

What or who the hell is that? Am I supposed to be pissed or proud, Steve? Remember, I’ll be seeing you in person this weekend…

Never mind: I looked it up…“A person short or of slight build or a person in a comfortable or easy assignment such as headquarters duty or some staff billet.”

Dennis,
Thanks for the link.
With Fr Fred’s ground throw, I still have to drop the bolts off at a machine shop. I got no way of drilling them out. I like the idea of drilling thru the bolt for simple adjustment.

TOG

John Bouck said:

What or who the hell is that? Am I supposed to be pissed or proud, Steve? Remember, I’ll be seeing you in person this weekend…

Never mind: I looked it up…“A person short or of slight build or a person in a comfortable or easy assignment such as headquarters duty or some staff billet.”

Dennis,
Thanks for the link.
With Fr Fred’s ground throw, I still have to drop the bolts off at a machine shop. I got no way of drilling them out. I like the idea of drilling thru the bolt for simple adjustment.

TOG

Comfortable or easy assignment? How about less work than LiL Abner!
Poss
Chts
Would you like the tenille ground throws you gave me back?

It doesn’t really matter Fred. John will change his mind tomorrow…:stuck_out_tongue:

I change my mind regularily; if I didn’t it would become quite dirty, and stink to high heaven…

Fred Mills said:
....as far as getting down on my knees to check anything. This why I'm developing an "Electric cane/walking stick"......it is to help in such situations, along with one of those garden kneelers, that are advertised in the LEE VALLEY garden catologue.

I couldn’t wait for HJ to make his mind up, and give up following the spoor of local bears, and other wildlife, best left alone; and making a treck here to aid me in my hours of need…!!!

Is that cane dcc compliant?
Have you submitted it to Ollie’s buddy’s WG for development?
Best get on that right away.

I was thinking of making the pilot model up to your standards, Dave. You and I well know what is best for the masses…!!!
Besides we will need one before most of the others, I’m sorry to say.

Bruce, only because it’s an interesting read and you wanted to know about broken links.

And Fred have you got a picture of your setup?

Oops. If you tell me where that is I might be able to fix it. :innocent:

Meanwhile, try http://jbrr.com/layout/switchstands.html

Thanks. Hope this helps.

Bruce, Nice mini-MasterClass there!
Reminder to self: pick up pennies in USA. :smiley:

I, of course had to follow the rabbit hole you sent me down… A bit of bait and switch going on there though, Bruce. :crazy_face: I clicked on your garden railway magazine link article and ended here! Ha!

I hope they placed just the right amount of umlauts, in just the right places, in your article.

I’m wondering if @korm still has his copy… :face_with_monocle:

nope. 2005 was a time in my life, when at the end of the money always were some days left to reach the end of the month. so then i had no papers or magazines in any language. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s to be expected as it was a link to ALL articles, not just Garden Railways. (as a Side note, I just got a check from them for an article I submitted awhile back [2015] about making my firetruck. GR is no longer publishing, but they have an online version and wanted to pay me - I could NOT refuse. :innocent: )

1 Like

It’s great to see this thread opened up again !!
The HUMOR, and Tom-foolery was great back in those days…we even gladly shared ideas without getting “Knickers in Knots”… BTW…I gave up on “Barrel Bolts” and now just use 1 1/2" angle brackets as ground throws…but then we have solid wood roadbed to screw them to…!!
Someone counted all of our switches (Tunouts)…seems that we have over 175 of them…I’d hate to bear thinking of the cost of using the “Pretty” ones…as much as they look nice…!!
Fweddy

Talk about digging up the past. :grinning:
That crossover worked for years without any ground throws, because I moved on to another project on the railroad and forgot about the ground throws. I just simply threw the switches with the built in LGB tabs .
Sadly, the crossover was removed three years ago when I downsized from 2 loops to 1.
A covered bridge replaced it.

1 Like

John I was going to ask about your amazing build, but found it on the LSC WAYBACK machine. You must’ve had a more efficient way of attaching 8000 shingles than I did with my 2500!

Did you take any early build photos of the internal bracing?

Titebond glue, and a 1/4" crowned staple (using my pneumatic stapler on low air so I didn’t blow right thru the shingle.) I snapped a line tp keep each course level (more or less).
It’s been outside for 4 years and hasn’t lost a single one.