Large Scale Central

GenerartioNext - Let the bashing begin

I guess time will tell how successful this venture will be.

However, whilst I wish Scott well, in case it does not succeed, I do reserve the right to say I told you… :wink:

Garratt Steam said:

The habit of calling mainline standard gauge track USA style track is daft.
There is mainline standard gauge track with a closer tie spacing and narrow gauge track which the ties are spaced further apart.

Europe has standard gauge track too.

Andrew

Andrew, I agree that the choice of terms could have been better. But the first Aristo style was known (in some circles) as European track, because it was scaled and based on European metre gauge track.

Incidentally I use the USA style track to model narrow gauge, since many narrow gauge lines used smaller ties. Smaller in width as well as length. But mostly because its what the stainless track came with.

:wink:

Tony Walsham said:

I guess time will tell how successful this venture will be.

However, whilst I wish Scott well, in case it does not succeed, I do reserve the right to say I told you… :wink:

When I started my business I was told I would not succeed either now I’m ready to retire from it. Once again I wish you success Scott.

You will only get out of a business what you invest into it.

If Scott is willing to invest (time, dollars, whatever else is required), then he will most likely succeed. Considering there are a large contingent of folks out there that are very loyal to the old Aristo product line, I believe so long as they feel Scott is doing the ‘right’, he has a fair chance of success.

My tuppence.

Bob C.

I talked to Scott for a bit at York. He has some big plans. I hope they work out for him and I wish him the best.

Terry

Excerpt from a email fd. inbox today titled, “Calling All G Scale Clubs‏”;

…adding a very extensive G Scale Club Locator which will help people from all over the country locate a G Scale Club closest to the ZipCode they enter…’

Maybe I ‘read’ into the wrong way, but ya might very well think he is focusing on the u.s.a. where the majority of decalarations (negativity) of a dying g-gauge hobby comes from ! vs say north of the 49th where I’m constantly bumping into newbies ! Shucks and even across the atlantic …

! A lot of g-gauge product heads out the door during our annual (allscales) train show, and has a all g-gauge vendor hauling product (3rd yr.)all the way from central Canada . . . . and travelling very light, when heading back across the Cdn. prairie :slight_smile:

Just “zip codes …the country…”, ehhhh !?

imho

doug c

our club has already ordered from Scott, he does some good stuff for the clubs

oh and we got #6 switches to replace the wide radius(10’s) <-- knew there was a 10 somewhere in the mix, so if anyone can pass that on to Nicky i’d appreciate it :wink:

It is very small minded but typical. Easy to add country to the database of clubs. They do/did have a world market.

Andrew

Yeah but then that was AristoCraft !

Although on another forum it seems that shpg (?) will be allowed for Canada, BUT not beyond the lands contained btwn the RioGrande–ArcticOcean (at the time the person chkd) !

nite,

doug c

Why abbreviate words, are you being cute or just dysfunctional?

Andrew

Garratt Steam said:

Why abbreviate words, are you being cute or just dysfunctional?

Andrew

Relax

From some of the commentsI guess the bashing has begun. Scott is a one man show right now with a full time job beside Generationext. Cut him some slack. He also has a family to spend time with.
LAO

Why is there any bashing at all? I’m surprised this thread is still going. Scott and the new Aristo will prosper and survive if we support them. All that Scott needs to do is produce a good product, sell it at a good price and follow up with some customer service. Easy right. I wish him all the luck. A strong Aristo makes for a better hobby for all to enjoy.

I think it would really help if the masses would understand that Scott is Scott and not Lewis. Lewis ran his business his way. Personally I believe that Scott was just a puppet during his reign at Aristo and his hands were tied to do anything with it. He is now his own entity and should be afforded the same courtesy any new start up business would receive.

I don’t see the same kind of sentiment being sent Matt Drennan’s way. WI Trains closed, so did Aristo Craft. Matt was a principal in WI Trains, Scott was a principal in Aristo. What is the difference?

Lets PLEASE let this topic alone and allow Scott to demonstrate he is better than Lewis, or fail for the same reasons Lewis did.

I’ll get off my soap box now and take a breath.

Bob C.

Bob Cope said:

I think it would really help if the masses would understand that Scott is Scott and not Lewis. Lewis ran his business his way. Personally I believe that Scott was just a puppet during his reign at Aristo and his hands were tied to do anything with it. He is now his own entity and should be afforded the same courtesy any new start up business would receive.

I don’t see the same kind of sentiment being sent Matt Drennan’s way. WI Trains closed, so did Aristo Craft. Matt was a principal in WI Trains, Scott was a principal in Aristo. What is the difference?

Lets PLEASE let this topic alone and allow Scott to demonstrate he is better than Lewis, or fail for the same reasons Lewis did.

I’ll get off my soap box now and take a breath.

Bob C.

Totally agree Bob.

Matt Drennan is actually ready to reopen. Watch for the official news.

I would agree with the comments made here about giving Scott and and any other new large scale dealer for that matter, as much support as possible. Not only support to them but support to the usually well known dealers who are also supporting Scott.

No one should be surprised that shipping to foreign (and that includes The Dominion of Canada) would be free especially for a new company with only three months trading history. It has never been free from most well established outlets.

In a recent post it was mentioned that Aristo’s principal other 1:29 manufacturer and dealer was sorry to see Aristo close So what was good enough for him should be good enough for anyone else particularly as he also sold Aristo as well as his own products.

Something tells me the hobby is in for a few surprises as the months pass by in 2014.

“… the new Aristo will prosper and survive if we support them. …”

I am sorry, I’d like to help but when their track prices are 2x the competition, example: box of bog standard R1’s at $137.60, and thats marked down from the MSRP of $172!!!, that just ain’t going to happen.

I know they are trying to raise capital but geez, those prices are just crazy.

Box R1’s

Piko $71.88

LGB $79.92

USA $85.32

and Fleabay is loaded with used, NOS track to boot.

Vic, where did you get those prices?

USA trains webiste

R81100 4´ Diameter Curved Track (12 Pieces) - Solid Brass Rail 144.95

Piko USA

35211 R1 Curve Track R=600mm Order 12 Available $7.49 = $89.88

Mark Dash said:

Vic, where did you get those prices?

USA trains webiste

R81100 4´ Diameter Curved Track (12 Pieces) - Solid Brass Rail 144.95

That’s list price on the USA website, go to Charles Ro to see the real price.