Large Scale Central

GenerartioNext - Let the bashing begin

Doug Cannon said:

Congrats Scott on bringing your website online !! Hope business is good for ya

“…the site shows 60 feet of SS straight at $11.33 per foot.”

retail ? i presume since they don’t have any dealers yet.

Doug

You may want to check RLD Hobbies.

http://rldhobbies.com/polksgenerationext.aspx

Tom

Doug,

there are several on here that were bashing the site and Scott before it even was launched, hence the thread name… There’s a long story behind the aristobashers that we can’t get into anymore here.

I hope everyone starting a business in G guage a world of success, not just Scott, it IS good for the hobby

Greg,

the only boxes that shaded on my screen are the 3 top “General Topic” pictures when the cursor goes over it. Which I don’t think is all that big of a deal, that link takes you to topic areas with better pictures…

John Bouck said:

I wonder if he will have these clamps available? I couldn’t find them under track accessories.

I will email and ask.

. The rail clamps are still property of uncle Louis. Scott said that at the ECLSTS.

I wish Scott well !

If uncle Louis doesn’t have a patent, all bets are off. Not to mention, a 20% change in the design criteria makes a patent violation difficult to uphold. That is not difficult to accomplish.

I poked about the site a bit and as others have said it is a bit sluggish. My 10 year old Dell Precision did OK, but I am sure a newer machine with the bigger graphics card would have been faster. I agree with others that the layout is a bit funky, but not unusable. Prices are luke warn, but no where near HOT! All that said, ‘Good Luck Scott!!’, as others have also said we need another large scale manufacturer/retailer.

Bob C.

I wish Scott well and hope he does good . The more manufacturers the better .

Mark Dash said:

Doug,

there are several on here that were bashing the site and Scott before it even was launched, hence the thread name… There’s a long story behind the aristobashers that we can’t get into anymore here.

I hope everyone starting a business in G guage a world of success, not just Scott, it IS good for the hobby

Greg,

the only boxes that shaded on my screen are the 3 top “General Topic” pictures when the cursor goes over it. Which I don’t think is all that big of a deal, that link takes you to topic areas with better pictures…

Actually it was a matter how long it took for the website to be finished. Looking at the end product it shouldn’t have taken more than two weeks of work.

I have a fast computer and connection; the site is a bit sluggish.

Gary Armitstead said:

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Website looks pretty nice, and it seems to work… more then some others that I have tried recently.
Track prices seem to be averaging around $11 per foot on the brass, my heart was to weak to even look at the stainless!
I really don’t know what other mfg’s are getting for track as I have not looked, luckily I have all I need…at the moment.

I definitely don’t NEED track and I wouldn’t buy Aristo if I did. But the site shows 60 feet of SS straight at $11.33 per foot. Not bad really in today’s market. Note that this track is USA! Say what?!

Gary, the tie style is USA. Meaning its to represent USA style standard gauge track. Using molded in rail spikes instead of hold down bolts and clamps, and the size and spacing of the ties are different then the “Euro” ties. The “Euro” tie size and spacing is supposed to represent metre gauge track.

Scott was saying something about a customer discount, so the listed prices may not be what we pay at check out. I dunno. Either way I hope he does well.

David Maynard said:

Gary Armitstead said:

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Website looks pretty nice, and it seems to work… more then some others that I have tried recently.
Track prices seem to be averaging around $11 per foot on the brass, my heart was to weak to even look at the stainless!
I really don’t know what other mfg’s are getting for track as I have not looked, luckily I have all I need…at the moment.

I definitely don’t NEED track and I wouldn’t buy Aristo if I did. But the site shows 60 feet of SS straight at $11.33 per foot. Not bad really in today’s market. Note that this track is USA! Say what?!

Gary, the tie style is USA. Meaning its to represent USA style standard gauge track. Using molded in rail spikes instead of hold down bolts and clamps, and the size and spacing of the ties are different then the “Euro” ties. The “Euro” tie size and spacing is supposed to represent metre gauge track.

Scott was saying something about a customer discount, so the listed prices may not be what we pay at check out. I dunno. Either way I hope he does well.

Thanks David for the clarification. It was confusing to me. Sure wouldn’t want to make any assumptions, would we? I just thought Scott was selling other manufacturers, too.

I went to the ex LSOL people dinner Thursday night in York, and there was a G scale dealer there. he said that he already has ordered stuff from Scott and was treated well. He gets a bigger discount than the online customers. guess what day it is

Bob McCown said:

Doug Cannon said:

p.s. why such a inflammatory thread subject line for a new aspiring business ??

I let it slide. So far the thread has been polite, with only a couple comments about some odd design decisions. Nothing I would call axe-grinding. The minute that happens, MY axe comes out.

The question is of the subject line, just daring people to say something negative.

The thread has been polite, but I think the subject should have been censored in the first place.

But clearly some people are allowed to do this and some are not.

Honestly would I have been allowed to start this thread with that subject? Honestly?

Greg

The habit of calling mainline standard gauge track USA style track is daft.
There is mainline standard gauge track with a closer tie spacing and narrow gauge track which the ties are spaced further apart.

Europe has standard gauge track too.

Andrew

Greg, maybe Bob realized the subject line was just a joke, as he may realize I try to inject humor from time to time, granted it’s a special brand of sarcastic humor.

If you started a thread with the same name, well it wouldn’t have been a joke now would it?

BTW, did you state who at Botchman said they are not interested in the Aristo line? Does Louie own the copyright/patents for parts like the rail clamps?

I have very little Aristocraft products but I wish Scott well and hope that he can bring a host of products to market. That would be not only good for a lot of members but also for the hobby in general.

Mark,

Maybe a bit of safety suggestion - Think before you post. Personally I found you subject line a bit confusing considering the past reaction to that sort of subject. I also see both interpretations of the statement. One says the glass is half full and the other is half empty.

We all know there are those on this forum would debate with the Pope. I personally would refrain from baiting them with inflammatory subject matter.

My tuppence worth.

Bob C.

Pretty nice site. Cute how the figures turn around when you mouse over them.

I come from a long line of “pot stirrers” and I can spot a true professional when I see one. Mark, you knew EXACTLY what the reaction would be, so maybe refrain from tempting “fate”. You DID say it was sarcastic. At least Greg and Bob C. KNOW the difference and I do see a “double standard” here. Just my $.02.

Tom Ruby said:

Pretty nice site. Cute how the figures turn around when you mouse over them.

Yes, indeed it is Tom. With a little practice those adept with a pc mouse, or the palm laptop facility, could enable the figure to execute a dance. lol

Thanks Gary, I was beginning to think I was the only one seeing it in that light.

Bob C.