Large Scale Central

GenerartioNext - Let the bashing begin

Website is up and running

http://polksgenerationext.com/

Just clicked through some of the site, appears to work decent, He does have a blog section that answers some questions. There appears to be some parts other then track on the site.

Sup with all the figures? they must not be from the same china factory as the trains?

On the FAQ page he does say that they have rolling stock and engines, he will get flogged for that unless he intends to carry other manufactures products

Good to see them up and running. I wish them all the best, LS needs more manufacturers.

What is to bash except the price of track? The website looks pretty good to me and it seems to work as I was clicking around. I have 100’s of feet of Aristo track but not too much of their rolling stock. What I do have I like and it works well. I don’t know why Aristo had so many haters out there.

I hope I don’t need track gasp…past that it worked well and I wish them success!

Website looks pretty nice, and it seems to work… more then some others that I have tried recently.
Track prices seem to be averaging around $11 per foot on the brass, my heart was to weak to even look at the stainless!
I really don’t know what other mfg’s are getting for track as I have not looked, luckily I have all I need…at the moment.

It looks pretty slick, they have done a good job. Very interactive.
They have the graphics the wrong way around for the American and Euro track on the Products Categories page. The correct track is grayed out in the image for each product type.

It will probably be fixed quickly.

Andrew

A little too cutesy for me, but no big deal.

On the main page, if you mouse over the pictures at the top, they DARKEN and become very hard to see, very weird… normally the item of interest should HIGHLIGHT… I’d fix that funky bit.

The site is in a “continuous refresh” mode, as evidenced by the “refresh circle” spinning continuously. That’s also part of the extra interactivity I really don’t need. I run fast computers, but I suspect people with slow computers may have issues.

For all the waiting, it’s not stupendous, but heck, it a toy train parts site.

I wish Scott all the luck in the world, since apparently he’s the only person/company interested in the old Aristo molds, Bachmann has clearly said they are not interested (darn).

Greg

p.s. RLD is still cheaper on track

Greg, I think the mouse over darkening is so the text is easier to read over the images.
The images start off very dull and grayish too. Just a design thing so the white text overlay is easier to read.

The Filter by Price is a weird concept.

Andrew

I dont own any Aristo, but another resource for us to go to is always welcome. I hope Scott does well.

Greg Elmassian said:

…Bachmann has clearly said they are not interested (darn).

Greg

Greg I’m curious where you heard that? IIRC Bachmann in Philly also wasn’t too interested in the Williams line either but their Chinese masters decided otherwise.

Otherwise at least they got the wesite launch off successfully

**Greg Elmassian said:**The site is in a “continuous refresh” mode, as evidenced by the “refresh circle” spinning continuously. That’s also part of the extra interactivity I really don’t need. I run fast computers, but I suspect people with slow computers may have issues.

I run a Dell Dimension computer that is several years old using Windows XP and Firefox as my browser.

The new website is not in continuous refresh mode, but is a might slow. If Scott can make it run a little quicker, it will be a fine website.

One thing that I noticed when looking at the track is there is no mention of the track code. for me not a problem because I know it tis code 332, but others might not know.

Al P.

Vincent D’Agostino said:

Website looks pretty nice, and it seems to work… more then some others that I have tried recently.
Track prices seem to be averaging around $11 per foot on the brass, my heart was to weak to even look at the stainless!
I really don’t know what other mfg’s are getting for track as I have not looked, luckily I have all I need…at the moment.

I definitely don’t NEED track and I wouldn’t buy Aristo if I did. But the site shows 60 feet of SS straight at $11.33 per foot. Not bad really in today’s market. Note that this track is USA! Say what?!

I wonder if he will have these clamps available? I couldn’t find them under track accessories.

I will email and ask.

Congrats Scott on bringing your website online !! Hope business is good for ya

“…the site shows 60 feet of SS straight at $11.33 per foot.”

retail ? i presume since they don’t have any dealers yet.

“…Note that this track is USA! Say what?! …”

…Lookin’ at the zoom window looks to be usa (not euro fasteners which are not likely to release the rail, if ya walk on your track purposely or not :wink: )

“… Not bad really in today’s market…”

hmmmm granted i’ve never asked them what their reg. price for their BRASS trk is (but as mentioned in the show ad where i shared it) one of our g-gauge dealers (via email) is bringing in track at $6/ft (cdn) for ST’14 … I thiiink that is even a buck less than their show price last yr. !

imho

doug c

p.s. why such a inflammatory thread subject line for a new aspiring business ??

Doug Cannon said:

p.s. why such a inflammatory thread subject line for a new aspiring business ??

I let it slide. So far the thread has been polite, with only a couple comments about some odd design decisions. Nothing I would call axe-grinding. The minute that happens, MY axe comes out.

Too Much?

:)

That reminds me…I have several good axes that need sharpening…something else to do while I wait for Spring, which seems to be a VERY long wait…!!

…thank you Steve…I only wish I still had a stone like the one in your picture. My father had one years ago; I wish he had kept it…I remember using it with his help…I was just a young fart in those days…!!

…and yes…I do wish Scott good fortune, in his endever to start up a new business.