Large Scale Central

Finish what you started!

I saw that one pop up and thought “For 80 bucks, I could toss an Annie drive under it” but it was already gone!

Pete, I’m glad I’m not the only one adding to the list (and not making it shorter…)

Bob’s giving me an inferiority complex! :grin: :sob:

I think this is far more important for me than finishing projects. That and pitching started projects that will never again see the light because I moved on. I need to seriously declutter. And then when I do that then finishing several one or two days left type projects so they are out of the way. Then I can tackle the actual real list of unfinished projects.

Yes!!

===========================

I’m really struggling to decide on a 3 Truck Shay I just put on the track for trials. I need another active locomotive like, well, a hole in the head, but it sure is cool. If I could have lashed it up with my C-19’s while I was testing that would have made the decision, but the couplers don’t line up :frowning:

Jon, there is a way to remedy that :grin:

Well, yeah. But then I’m modding it and I might as well go all the way and cut some wires!

I haven’t even written down the “want to do but havent even started” list yet…

2 Likes

Once upon a time there was an “evil grin” emoticon, and I think that would be appropriate here…

Does anyone remember the “BSEG” from before-emoticon days? Yeah, I think Bob’s doing that…

:grin:

Jon, I am not into Steam locos at all, but the only one I would think about buying is a 3 truck Shay. But I have seen the prices on them, and can’t afford one this year

And I used to think I liked you.

I did say I would get a 3 truck Shay, have to win lottery or something similar, I can get at least 2 or 3 GP-38-2’s for the price of a 3 truck Shay, unless Jon is selling his for way back prices

Not likely. But don’t worry. A friend has first dibs if it goes.

I see the modeling world is close to reality. You do realize coal is a diamond before pressure is applied. But you can never turn a rotted dinosaur into gold. Steam/coal is king. The world went to hell when they stopped burning coal and switched to rotten dinosaurs

That post will likely get me banned. Talking coal versus desiel is combining religion an politics.

Lots of cars and some trucks run on coal now. Only difference is the coal is burning 500 miles away from where they plug the car in to charge the batteries.

1 Like

You could buy two 2-truck shays, a new razor saw, and have at it…

1 Like

He could almost buy a live steam shay… that’s about the only way you’ll see steam on my layout.

Got one of those too. Way underused but still loved.

Whenever you get all that arranged Pete, I’d love to see some pics of your MU! That would be calendar material right there.