Large Scale Central

Finish what you started!

Maybe? JMRI keeps getting itself stuck. It’ll stop serving a certain industry because it wont have space for cars, but it wont pick up those cars either, so I have to manually move the cars there to a yard. Happens to me a couple times a year.

Well, THAT is NO GOOD! No wonder you’re considering another option!

(Of course, it COULD be worse - you could still have to maintain TrainOps! :innocent:)

You sure have been plowing through your list, wow, every day some new post that seems like a big effort, and then it’s done!

Great job!

1 Like

There’s even been stuff I havent documented, that were quick projects. Fixing the foot boards and redesigning the front railing on my 45 tonner, for example.

Updating my list again. As I complete projects and move them from my TODO pile, I find some more things.

Davenport to DCC (parts ordered)
Car Cards (in progress)
Waybills
Coal Conveyors
Signal Bridge (in progress)
Mine entrance (in progress, stalled)
Transfer Caboose
Mine tram (in progress)
Signal Boxes/electronics (in progress)
Fix Climax wiring
Finish boxcabs (1:20.3 and 7/8ths)

Maybe I should start a companion thread: Unload what you don’t use.

Recently I have found new homes for a Phoenix board and 12 of the die cast cars I listed.

I have a NIB Bachmann Climax that has been collecting dust in the attic for close to 5 years. Had thoughts of putting it in-service and building a switch-back logging line. I decided last year that I should not build anything new at this house.

I hear you Jon. I keep debating about putting stuff up for sale. I have quite a collection of LGB 40’ boxcars I never will use. And a few other random cars. This is when I regret getting rid of the boxes. Shipping will be a pain. And often the LGB guys want the LGB box wrapped in another box. :roll_eyes:

Yea, I’m in the same boat, too. I have a Shay, a Climax, and even a Connie that I probably won’t ever run except on the odd occasion.

TrainOps, or RailOps …??..!!

Bob;
I would be interested in seeing, or at least finding out how you modified the “Front Railing”, and the “Foot Boards” on your Bachmann 45 tonner.
I have three of them here, just asking for modifications, and any example you could provide would be most appreciated, and might just be the motivating factor that would get me going on that long standing project…
Fred Mills
[email protected]

I haven’t done anything with the footboards, though I would like to build plows for each end. I did change the front handrails.

I am thinking of something like this for my other one.

If you need railing parts I have close to a full set in unpainted ‘silver’ and maybe some others. I’ve been hording parts since they were selling for $50 on close out and guys were using the trucks for other projects. I also have hoods and cabs in various condition.

I’ve been on the lookout for one or two trucks to build a small switcher from with one hood and a modified cab. Yet another unfinished “idea” project.

Agreed.

While you’re at it: Unguilt what you can’t accomplish in this lifetime.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you, Bob. You have motivated me greatly !!
Jon; if you care to part with the handrails, I may have a use for them, and I am missing one of the sliding cab windows.
Email me, or let me know …
Thanks to both of you.
Are there any Bachman parts you guys are looking for ? Not including any of the 1:20.3 rolling stock. I got rid of all of that, years ago.
Fred Mills

Fred - I’ll need to look for them. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen them and that was two re-organizations ago, so it’s anyone’s guess where they are! If I find them the cabs should be with them. Do you need the entire window, or just the sliding half?

Jon;
All I know is that the sliding part is missing…but I have never taken it apart…!! So…whatever you think I might need…!! Thank you.
Fred

Actually, Jon, it probably would be a welcomed and useful new category to go with the “For Sale / Trade” category.

Eric

The 36’ boxcar is now off my list:

Cheers,
Matt

2 Likes

Does selling an unfinished project for a nice price count as a completion? It sure is closure :grin:

I have had a Connie disassembled and partially modified since 2004, that’s 19 years of stalled project. A guy posted on Facebook looking for a parts source. I answered with pics and we made a deal. I bought this at ECLSTS when TrainWorld was blowing them out. To say it was a good investment is an understatement!

That’s two Fn3 locos off to new homes as I just sold a Climax a few days ago. I have a few more out of service that either need to get put in-service or on the block. Why I’m currently messing with the 3 truck Shay.

Unfortunately, I’m still buying projects! This little gem popped up on Facebook and lasted 10 minutes until I bought it.

I’m pretty sure there is a Bachmann 2-4-2 frame under there, which apparently doesn’t work. I do have a source for gears though.

This one is also still waiting for me to get around to it, though it is isolated in Florida as we can’t get back into our condo yet.

2 Likes