Large Scale Central

Finish what you started!

well a milestone here on the RGS of NH. this coaling chute was first started back in 2010 as best as i can determine from my cad files.

All the doors and chutes function as per the prototype.

A little more filling in of the scenery around the structure and this will be done.

Al P.

3 Likes

nicely done good job

Last bit of the Davenport is Kadees.

2 Likes

I saw one of these NIB at the show, and was tempted. Bought the box car instead!

1 Like

I just realized I have no hope. I can’t finish reading this thread much less finish what projects I have started.

I’m finding it hard too. But I’m trying to get one thing done at a time. Actually switching between half done projects is kinda fun. Nice break but not nearly as efficient! :joy:

1 Like

Yea, I’m really enjoying diving into these projects and crossing them off the list. Clearing off my shelves and organizing the remaining stuff.

I’m about ready to pull another project back onto the workbench, maybe the mine entrance, since I have a hoist on the way…

1 Like

Changed the engine and horn sounds

1 Like

I don’t know if this was on the list I posted, but I finally lettered my second Bachmann long caboose that had a Railpro module installed in it a few years ago.

Not great progress, but progress!

1 Like

What are you using the RailPro on the caboose for ?

Lots of started projects, searching for completion…we all have them…thank goodness. !!
By having all these project; we always have something ready to fill in on those miserable, cold, and wet rainy days we all dread…
Almost like having a whole lot of Friendly answers for all those QUESTIONS our Friends on these threads throw at us…!!!
FJM

I bought an HO LM to see if it would work for an 0-4-0, but it kept shutting down, I converted it to an accessory module (simple software upload) and installed it in the caboose with a battery and speaker. The outputs control both table lamps individually and both class lights individually plus sound effects.

I wrote up a build log when I did it. Here is a link to the thread: RailPro Caboose Project

Next up on my projects is repairing my OV spreader. This is a Don Winter kit, with LOTS of cast metal. It took a dive off a shelf a number of years ago, and a bunch of parts popped off (Looks like I assembled the metal parts (both white metal and brass) with superglue. That will get redone with epoxy and some scale NBWs into the wood.

Getting the bolster blocks secured involved drilling out the four holes in the plate, the corresponding holes in the beams, and some pins and epoxy.

There was much less actual damage than I thought. Mostly just reattaching things, and adding some mechanical attachments where I had just glue before. Needs a good cleaning, and a way to keep the doghouse on the flat, yet have it removable. Probably a few pins

I think that is an excellent idea as pins are your friend!

If you are referring to this…

Leave it alone. The best weathering guys in the hobby couldn’t match that for realism.

I love that spreader Bob. I have a perverse interest in them. I have some drawings of a very basic spreader that would make a great small backwoods spreader. I also have an ho scale model of a older style Jordan that I have deep in my bucket to scale up to 1:29. With my CAD and printing capabilities that seems a little less daunting but not much less.

Your spreader would be the perfect ticket for the Canyon Creek Railway. Just about the right era and would be about right for a shoreline narrow gauge. Very cool indeed

1 Like

John, I think has to be a reference photo BD slipped in to fool with us!!!

I have a scratchbuilt pulpwood car needing painting.
I have a scratchbuilt 100T gon needing railing finished and painted.
I have a scratchbuilt 2 story house needing shingles to be finished and got off the workbench.