Large Scale Central

Finish what you started!

I don’t think very many of us have been accused of being pure prototype modelers. Well mabe Craig, but he doesn’t count!

1 Like

This is what it’s all about! Build your way for your reasons. It’s your Railroad.

Wait, huh? I’m that strange your kicking me out of the modeling club?:roll_eyes::thinking:

If I had creative bone in my body, I’d love to do some 7/8" stuff. Maybe as a fantasy 15" estate line. I’m just not creative enough to think of my own stuff so I just copy the real thing. :crazy_face:

Just ribbing you on your attention to detail!

Yep. My train, my rules. I had someone say to me “narrow gauge never ran signals” when I tell them I want to have them on my railroad. This same person operates regularly on a narrow gauge railroad using computer generated switch lists and radios to a central dispatcher.

1 Like

I know I know…

Stupid 20 character minimum…

This just like “What’s My Line” TV show! How many questions can we ask? What is the prize for getting it right?

1. Does he live in Canada?
  2. Is he married to Jane?

Sometimes our stuff doesn’t “scale” out too well. I bought a Regner whistle for my Chaloner live steamer. Tried blowing a grade crossing signal and ran out of steam. Bye, bye whistle!

Have fun, David Meashey

Someone has never heard of the OR&L!

1 Like

I was referring to the whistle signal as in two long toots, a short toot, and a very long toot. Not as in block signals. Did not mean to cause confusion.

Regards, David Meashey

Keepalive showed up today, and was a 15 second installation. I did a bit of weathering on the Davenport as well. A bit more, and a driver figure, and I’m calling this ready for service.

EDIT TO ADD:

There’s not a lot of space under the hood. I removed the smoke unit from the board, and that made enough room for the decoder and keep-alive to fit.

2 Likes

I’m having a really hard time sticking to this project list…

This caboose keeps wandering into my brain as a project. Must hold fast to the commitment to finish projects… It’s only painted like this on one side. I do need a new project for the RPM in October.

I’m sure the package of Llagas Creek track parts will distract me from this quest. At least that’s on the list above!

1 Like

A Green NP caboose like that was auctioned off at our club BBQ and auction last weekend , I bowed out at $80

I’ve got 3 potential victims: BN, GN and NP… I keep telling myself no but it’s not working very well.

well a milestone here on the RGS of NH. this coaling chute was first started back in 2010 as best as i can determine from my cad files.

All the doors and chutes function as per the prototype.

A little more filling in of the scenery around the structure and this will be done.

Al P.

3 Likes

nicely done good job

Last bit of the Davenport is Kadees.

2 Likes

I saw one of these NIB at the show, and was tempted. Bought the box car instead!

1 Like

I just realized I have no hope. I can’t finish reading this thread much less finish what projects I have started.

I’m finding it hard too. But I’m trying to get one thing done at a time. Actually switching between half done projects is kinda fun. Nice break but not nearly as efficient! :joy:

1 Like