Large Scale Central

February Snow

Bruce,
I think you need MORE POWER, as the Tool Man used to say.
Ralph

I’m thinkin’ he needs one of those jet turbine melter things :smiley:

(http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/cr_jet.jpg)

There’s your Challenged Too project Bruce :smiley:

Another 8 inches since I cleared that.

When is spring?

Bruce Chandler said:

When is spring?

The ground hog said 6 more weeks. Hang in there.

The groundhawg(A pot-bellied pig) disagrees with the ground hog, and says that Spring is coming soon. It isn’t so much the snow and ice that is bothering me, it is how muddy ground is staying. Of course, I wish for the water to dry up now then in the summer, the ground will become so hard I will be wishing for rain.

Bruce Chandler said:

When is spring?

Bruce, from what I hear, Spring should arrive sometime around next September… :slight_smile:

You know it’s deep when you stick a yardstick in this windblown area and say “It’s ONLY 20 inches here”

Bruce,
Seriously, pace yourself carefully. Shoveling snow is hard work.
Dave

Bruce Chandler said:
You know it's deep when you stick a yardstick in this windblown area and say "It's ONLY 20 inches here"
You talking snow, or the bull???? :)

Bout’ 20" some inches here. Took these this morning when it was still snowing. Note the snow load on the roof.

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/This%20Old%20Box/Snow009.jpg)

There’s a railroad under there somewhere??

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/This%20Old%20Box/Snow013.jpg)

David Russell said:
Bout' 20" some inches here. Took these this morning when it was still snowing. Note the snow load on the roof.
Oh. Seen video where old old old white wooden clapboard church much like small RR models somewhere collapsed from weight of snow on roof. That is a concern.

Hmm…weight of snow on ground enough to trigger small fault lines?

You got this year’s Christmas Card Photo done early.
Nice looking house under that snow.
Like colors.

Forrest,
The home has stood for approx 156yrs and will probably continue to stand if maintained.
The 1:24 scale version is sitting high and dry in my shop. Can’t say that about the other structures out in the elements where ever they may be?
:wink:
http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=11625

Hey Bruce, did ya get all dug out yet?
Randy

Randy McDonald said:
Hey Bruce, did ya get all dug out yet? Randy
Well, the driveway is clear.

The road may take awhile, since that’s up to someone else. :wink: We haven’t seen a plow yet.

Bruce Chandler said:
We haven't seen a plow yet.
Them boys south of the Mason Dixon line just don't understand snow! Snow removal is women's work north of it! ;)

Bruce, just gave your web-site a quick glance, looks great! Gonna spent some time on there tomorrow.
Thanks Randy

David,
Its official, I have house envy.
Dave

Dave Ottney said:
David, Its official, I have house envy. Dave
We have a support group and twelve step program for that. We meet the sixth Friday of the month ;) Ralph
Bruce Chandler said:
Randy McDonald said:
Hey Bruce, did ya get all dug out yet? Randy
Well, the driveway is clear.

The road may take awhile, since that’s up to someone else. :wink: We haven’t seen a plow yet.

Hi Bruce,

I envy you! All that snow! WOW. :slight_smile:

BTW around here snow clearing works like this: clear your driveway (shovel, snowblower or whatever); when done the snowplow will show up as soon as you’re in the house recuperating with a nice hot drink. Depending on the amount of snow on the road a considerable portion will be deposited on/in the entrance to your driveway. Pass GO and start over again! :wink: :slight_smile:

We don’t have to worry about that. We live on a dirt road in the desert! Of course that means no one clears the roads.
Last year we had about three feet of snow in one storm. It took us two days to shovel the driveway and by then the 4wds had cut a path on the road.