Large Scale Central

February Snow

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Hmmmm .... we could do with some snow in our parts. Looks and feels like end of March!:( :(
Yeah, way to go, screwing up the Olympics. They should be calling it the slush bowl!

-Brian

Bruce Chandler said:
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for us: A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY. * PRECIPITATION TYPE… HEAVY SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS… STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 24 INCHES. It doesn’t sound good. :frowning:

Now calling for a 20 inch minimum. I did the grocery shopping yesterday since the wife was working. It wasn’t too bad. Got everything on my list including wings to make some Buffalo wings Sunday for the game! Ran out this morning to stock up on firewood in case the power goes out. Rowdy and I are ready !

(http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/forums/kubota-2010snow-2.jpg)

-Brian

AL McEvoy said:
Got plenty of BMTP and other weekend essentials so…let it snow. I'm in between Bruce and Shawn. Prediction is 16" - 24". Teenage neighbor with his strong back and trusty snow shovel will be making money again this weekend and I will definitely be a client…..
You guys well south of me have been getting nailed with snowstorms. You guys are well above your season average already. Me im not even close to my season average of 60 inches. Everything is staying south this year.

Bruce you should be able to get the engine done since you will be snowed in. For the other guys down their you can start building for the challege 2.

Well you guys in the east, how are ya making out? Does it look like they predicted?
Randy

WERE GONNA DIE!!!

David Russell said:
WERE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sheesh Rooster .... that's a very old story! We all will, won't we?! If you get too much snow, I can furnish you some forwarding addresses, very precise ones at that! :P

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!

HJ, quess you must be getting ready to head down to the coast soon.
BTW the torch will be here tomorrow and spenting the night.
Randy

Oxygen Aceteylene?

It’s not getting any better:

• ACCUMULATIONS… WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES… WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

Better take cover Bruce, we will come dig you out in a coupla days.
Randy

Bruce has a snow blower…and he trained his wife to use it…!!!

Considering where Bruce lives I highly doubt his snowblower is capable of handling this accumulation.
It’s probably electric and inoperative as half of it now resides on his latest build!

I didn’t say anything?
:slight_smile:

Randy McDonald said:
HJ, quess you must be getting ready to head down to the coast soon. BTW the torch will be here tomorrow and spenting the night. Randy
Yep, heading to Whistler on Wednesday, pick up the accreditation and uniform, then down to Squamish to check in at the "Mona Lisa" (cruise ship), one "training session" (harumph!) on Thursday and Friday the fun begins.

With a bit of luck I could get some ex-BC Rail video, all depends where they have the roadblocks to keep Hwy 99 clear as a whistle. Otherwise I’ll go XC skiing.

I guess I’ll find out if I’m still young enough for the “fun”. :confused:

Enjoy yourself HJ,
Would be nice to get some BCRR pics or video, but now that it’s controlled by the CNR, might have to watch out for derailments. LOL.
Randy
PS. Have fun too.

Girl Scout cookies are currently available for purchase. This is a FACT!
:wink:

I wish ya’ll would send some snow down here in Mississippi. I want to run my trains in the snow again. Got a chance for the first time a couple of winters ago and had a ball. Would like to do it again before I grow too old!
Ron

Ron move north for the winter :slight_smile:

After 4 inches of snow on Thursday, predicted massive ice storm never happened.
Thank God. Glad they got it wrong, here, again.
We are about to float away from all the rain though. Creeks and rivers are very high.
I have about 1/2 acre under flowing water from a spring. Flowing hard enough 8 inches of snow couldn’t cover it.
What I need is some heavy equipment to dig out a spring fed pond :wink:
Ralph

It’s a bit of work to run the electric snow blower through snow this deep.

(http://jbrr.com/Pics/Layout/2010/P1040316.JPG)

I don’t think I’ll be running any plow extras today. Here’s a shot of Matheson Textiles - not that you can tell.

(http://jbrr.com/Pics/Layout/2010/P1040320.JPG)