Large Scale Central

CVSRy Over-Engineering Dept. proposes to cover Deep Cut

Nice preplan Jon, are you planning on a ladder to get down into the access box?

Using elves to do the work. Later RJD

David Marconi said:
Nice preplan Jon, are you planning on a ladder to get down into the access box?
It's not quite that big - just over 2 feet down to track level and the opening will be around 20 inches square. Hopefully I can get my arm down in there if needed. If I can't, I'll call in the elves, or my 5 year old niece, until she gets too big:D

2’ down means you’ll be able to reach whats directly below not much else

It will also mean that whatever is down there holding your equipment hostage will be able to grab you, also. Send the niece.

Until one day a copperhead decided to make a nest in the their. LOL

Ric Golding said:
It will also mean that whatever is down there holding your equipment hostage will be able to grab you, also. Send the niece.
That's funny :D

Shawn - Fortunately no snakes in these parts. I’ve never even seen a garter snake here. Tree rats, possums, skunks, raccoons & ground hogs we have plenty of.

I’m thinkin’ a door might be a good idea. How about an EBT Style roll-up :smiley: Only problem with that is power.

You could make it look like a roll up door, but really have it as a pull out plug.

If you put a door on it here on the desert it would make a great place to find a black widow!

Jon Radder said:
Fortunately no snakes in these parts. I've never even seen a garter snake here. Tree rats, possums, skunks, raccoons & ground hogs we have plenty of.
What about ardvarks, hedgehogs,anteaters or armadillos?

just don’t let a Jackalope get in there

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/geogeorge/_forumfiles/lope2.jpg)

Armadillos are just 'possum on a half shell.

Bob C.

Knew a guy once, spoke with an odd accent, called the Armoreddildos :o

Ric Golding said:
You could make it look like a roll up door, but really have it as a pull out plug.
Great idea.

There are some pretty good pictures of the EBT tunnel portals.

Bob Cope said:
Armadillos are just 'possum on a half shell.

Bob C.

:slight_smile:
Thats funny!

As long as its Rooster proof you will be ok

Ric’s power of suggestion is pretty good. I think I’ve found the prototype for the portal… The North Portal of the Wrays Hill Tunnel on the East Broad Top. A few years before I snapped this picture in 2004, the roll-up door and it’s wooden frame fell into the foreground… [url=lsc.cvsry.com/Post/WraysHillNPortal-1200.JPG]

(http://lsc.cvsry.com/Post/WraysHillNPortal-800.JPG)

[/url][color=blue]FF: Click to Enlarge - IE: Right Click Photo and select Open Link in New Window to Enlarge[/color] The rectangular opening makes it easy.

Jon, if your gonna run trains into the tunnel in ““Deep cut””, I hope you don’t model the timber/ties laying across the track… :slight_smile:

I gotta get up to the EBT this year!
If you decide to make a real roll up door let me know as I can tell you how too accomplish this.
:wink: