Large Scale Central

CVRR Utility #17

David Russell said:
Ken Brunt said:
And it looked even purtier in person.................;)
You meant pretty UGLY and weird right!!! I did put some time in on it today and have all the linkage working with no binding at all.......my issue now resides with the gearbox and motor. The bachmann motor does not like slow rpms so I my need to locate a better motor for it.
Have you considered miniature mice in wheeled cages?????

Dad…yes I have but do you know how hard it is to find non union mice that wanna work cash under the table these days? It’s easier to find out of work circus midgets willing to paint the 24/12 pitch turret on my house!

David Russell said:
Dad....yes I have but do you know how hard it is to find non union mice that wanna work cash under the table these days? It's easier to find out of work circus midgets willing to paint the 24/12 pitch turret on my house!
Son, you do know, they missed a spot, right???? :)
David Russell said:
You meant pretty UGLY and weird right!!!
Ken might [b]THINK[/b] that about [b]YOU[/b], but he'd never [b]SAY[/b] that about [b]YOU[/b] :D Ralph
Ralph Berg said:
David Russell said:
Ken might [b]THINK[/b] that about [b]YOU[/b], but he'd never [b]SAY[/b] that about [b]YOU[/b] :D Ralph
You don't think??????????? ;)
Ken Brunt said:
Ralph Berg said:
David Russell said:
You don't think??????????? ;)
No, I never think. It hurts too much to think, so I don't do it. :P

Hey! Hurry up and wind this thing up. I’m getting anxious to see that oh so neat mechanism in motion! …And don’t forget to remove the key when you set it on the track. :wink:

Rooooooooooooster…we’re waiting, no longer patiently, to see it run :slight_smile:
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
Rooooooooooooster..........we're waiting, no longer patiently, to see it run :) Ralph
Raaaallllpphhhhh...........Your just going to have too wait as it's the boys baseball season and that is more important! (I have been picking at it though here and there)
David Russell said:
Ralph Berg said:
Rooooooooooooster..........we're waiting, no longer patiently, to see it run :) Ralph
Raaaallllpphhhhh...........Your just going to have too wait as it's the boys baseball season and that is more important! (I have been picking at it though here and there)
Damn...........that was pretty clever. Use the boy [b]AND[/b] baseball for an excuse. How can I bust your chops after that :( Ralph

(http://i.picasion.com/pic51/b5be90103c86129764a4d209b727911c.gif)

For Ralph
Yes it works and ironing the bugs out, Now cut a guy a little slack ok!
:wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MptgYAA8fc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiM8gXHXkY0[/youtube]

I hadn’t even brought it up in 12 days :wink:
Ralph

That needs a bigger bit of track for a real show. It’s just too wild to watch. :slight_smile:

Oh,
It looks cool :smiley:
Ralph

David;

It looks great. Those locomotives from the early days had some strange ways to apply the power sometimes. Grasshoppers, crabs, and mud diggers were other examples with unusual linkage. I think Rube Goldberg would be proud of your success at getting that rod linkage to work.

Best wishes,
David Meashey

David
That looks neat with all that rod and linkage action. I think it will get a lot smoother after you run it in a while and everything gets broke in.

Rodney

Ya dun good…:wink:

Womans work :slight_smile:

Where did you put the batteries…?