Large Scale Central

Chandler Furniture

When I was out at the Bluestone Southern Operations Session last fall, I pestered Andy enough that he finally relented and allowed me to construct a building for the Bluestone Southern. He sent me on my way with 4 sheets of frosted acrylic and the freedom to construct some sort of building.

I typically build in 1:20 scale, so while at the ECLSTS this spring I made my only purchase there: a 1:29 scale ruler. This would give me a better idea of how big to build the doors.

Andy suggested Chandler Furniture as the name, so I got some decals from Stan and I got the project finished today. Plenty of time before the traditional Fall session in Illinois.

Very nice build Bruce. Great detail.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Superb building Bruce, your usual very high standard. I guess it will look great adjacent to the Bluestone Southern tracks.

Real nice.

Bruce, anytime you want to build a building for the Pittsburgh and Castle Shannon, it would be welcomed here. I model in 1:24ish. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Dang, Bruce… What a Fantastic looking building… I’m honored… What a Beauty…

Am speachless…

Bruce Chandler said:

When I was out at the Bluestone Southern Operations Session last fall, I pestered Andy enough that he finally relented and allowed me to construct a building for the Bluestone Southern. He sent me on my way with 4 sheets of frosted acrylic and the freedom to construct some sort of building.

Hehehe!

NICE!!

He’s a miserable old man Bruce!

I’m ashamed to call him dad but I have too.

Looks great!

Andy Clarke said:

Am speachless…

Very nice!

David Russell said:

Andy Clarke said:

Am speachless…

My, Andy… What big eyes you have.

Oh, and Bruce- great looking build!!!

-Kevin.

Andy. Speechless? Nah

Oh, by the way, Bruce. Great looking building. Looking forward to seeing it on the B.S>

I guess your committed to being at the ops session now. Hopefully it’ll fit in the back of your car…(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Did Andy specify where it’ll be going? I’m guessing the Industrial park.

Looks good. Can’t wait to see it.

Good looking building, Bruce. Should fit in well to Andy’s and Jane’s layout.

Bruce great looking building. Do you have any pictures from when you were making it? Love to see how you constructed it.

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to seeing it in place.

Joseph Lupinski said:

Bruce great looking building. Do you have any pictures from when you were making it? Love to see how you constructed it.

No pictures for this one. I kept thinking about it, but never followed through.

One thing strange was that my acrylic cement didn’t work on the acrylic sheets. I ended up using E-6000 to hold the walls together, along with screws into some Tuf board pieces - got that idea from Ken’s builds.

The windows are made from hardware cloth, framed with angle pieces and glued directly to the acrylic, along with the Precision Products brick.

Yes, it’s going in the Industrial park, replacing the building that’s there now as Chandler’s furniture…

Man, it looks beautiful… Did I say that earlier???

I’m thinking you have the Weld On product …what # Weld On did you use that didn’t work and are you sure it was acrylic and not polycarbonate?

The E6000 contact is good stuff and actually I personally prefer the different contact adhesives for either material if I can use them on whatever I’m doing.

David Russell said:

I’m thinking you have the Weld On product …what # Weld On did you use that didn’t work and are you sure it was acrylic and not polycarbonate?

The E6000 contact is good stuff and actually I personally prefer the different contact adhesives for either material if I can use them on whatever I’m doing.

Yep, Weld On 16. Though now in a blue tube. Supposed to be good for butyrate, polycarbonate, styrene and other plastics. The screws worked.

Nice work Bruce. Should look great out there. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)