Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Indoor Upper level layout

Glad to see you posted these pictures on LSC. Great look!

Ric Golding said:

Glad to see you posted these pictures on LSC. Great look!

He don’t know how to post anywhere else. Besides he don’t even know how to use his own account.

Nice work Mom !!

You must have quite a collection of coloring books and crayons to keep dad occupied while you do all that fantastic work!! Not to mention doing it with one eye as I bet your other eye is watching him the entire time making sure he isn’t eating crayons or licking the pages.

Tim said:

Colorado Model Structures…got a pile of those myself…

Hiya Tim. I think you have a structure there in Kenai that would make a great Challenge build! If you want to join, I’m sure Dave’ll make an exception for time zone differences and elevation changes to let you enter! Or maybe today’s the last day for entering, I don’t know.

I want to go to Alaska so bad some day.

" Rooster " said:

Dad tell mom to check out “Joe Mural” on youtube and good luck!

I still want the $20 you owe me and then some…

Andy, tell him you’re putting the $20 in the collection plate. That’ll shut him up.

And here’s Mural Joe painting clouds on the ceiling of St. Peter Catholic Church in Richmond, Virginia. I’ve seen some of his videos and Joe is freaking awesome (and the priest is this video is unbelievably young!! holy smokes!!). When I was in Las Vegas we saw the Venetian hotel with the clouds on the ceiling there, and they were good, but this guy is better.

Yeah, the Russian Orthodox Church here would be a build challenge…if I had the room for it, or the skills to do it justice.

Apart from false fronts and very small structures, I’m about out of space…

Image result for Kellys on revere beachWhen is this going to show up ?

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Image result for Kellys on revere beachWhen is this going to show up ?

Unfortunately, am modeling the Midwest area… Most restaurants out here list ““Catfish”” under seafood…

I really don’t think they have a clue… But numerous stops at Kelly’s is always on my schedule when I am back home… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

So, to up date this topic…

A fellow Club Member had found an artist to paint some of his backgrounds for his indoor railroad…

So we talked to her and she was willing to work on the backdrop wall for our layout…

Most folks at the October Ops Session were amazed at her work, so I thought I’d post an update here…

Bruce Chandler posted one picture of it in the OCT 2019 Ops forum… Below is that picture.

She has been back a couple more times, and the results are shown below:

The pictures above and below are the station area with the Courthouse in the background.

Below is the next rotation to the left of the Station… Basically just a small city block.

Again, moving left is the next city block…

And moving left again, is the Coke-Cola bottling plant…

Eventually there will be hills and trees a bit further in the background…

Great improvement on the full area. Was even better in person. Now if you can just get the airbase in the back ground somewhere around the corner … (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I love the added depth of forced perspective.

Thanks for posting them.

Nice work Mom !

Really looking good!

just very fine!

That really looks super Andy. If I ever get the patience to re-learn Photoshop and Illustrator I was going to try and get the guys at work to print a photo mural on wall wrap vinyl. I think that the hand painted actually works better than a photograph because she worked the colors from your foregrounds into the background painting which make it look nice and uniform. You need to pay attention to see where reality ends and the mural begins (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Wow!

I don’t know what else to say.

You are definitely on my bucket list if we are able to travel.

Your artist is VERY good. It looks wonderful. I’ll bet she charged a lot for her work.

Looks GREAT Clark family, the inside is going to be as fantastic as the outdoors !

Overdue for an update on the wall painting and stuff…

Starting at the north end of the basement is an electrical room… Along the wall is an old warehouse and

a burnt out building on the layout with another building and hills in the background…

Moving further south along that wall is the courthouse and hills in the background and the passenger

station on the layout…

again, moving further south is a city block with the hills in the background…

and further along is another city block…

then we move across the street south and run into the Coke-Cola plant…

and the backside of the plant…

and finally, the truck parking lot for the delivery trucks…

Most of the updating is of the hills in the background and minor details along the wall…

This set of pictures is more of overall shots along the wall…

Below are 3 pictures to give a larger overall view as one starts at the north end and moves along south.

To give a different view, below is a shot looking to the north from the south end…

The track has been all moved out of place from setting the 2 inch foam board on the tracks for my painter to work on…