Large Scale Central

Another expansion thread?

Well, Mik, I don’t think they were serious. Just jokin around.

Just joking? Yeah terms like ‘ventilator’ and red box brigade’ are just sooo funny. As is ‘piling on’ folks who might have reasons NOT to dislike LGB. (Are they the only company that has had the directors make some dumb mistakes and try to rest too long on their past accomplishments? Toyota anyone? Jaguar?)

For the record. I had a first generation Bug Mauler, a gen 2 bug mauler, a 3rd gen, and now have a gen 5 one… The quality improved a lot in 10 years. The gen 5 actually runs without losing the plating on the wheels or overheating, but it dogtracks, the pony truck is still a problem, and the coal load (in fact the whole tender) is still the same pos as the first battery one had.

I’ve owned about 8 Aristos, still have 2… about half ran OK, the other half were total dogs. Great odds there.

Don’t even get me started on Lionel… it took me 3 (one a Railscope) to learn my lesson.

otoh EVERY beat up third and fourth hand LGB I’ve owned has run great. See the difference?

I buy locos to flog the hell out of, not sit on a shelf and look pretty. I can put a Stainz on the rails, and expect it to run - and stay on - even with less than optimal track. No fuss, it just goes, and goes, and goes. That’s why I like them. but ymmv

Mik, rough day?

In the words of that great philosopher…Jimmy Buffett

"The past is dead and gone.
Don’t try to shake it, just nod your head
Breath in, breath out, move on " :wink:
Ralph

Seems to me you’re the only one that’s bashin anything.

Ken Brunt said:
Seems to me you're the only one that's bashin anything.
And how do you know [b]I[/b] wasn't 'only joking'????.... Because I actually backed my opinions up with my personal (multiple) experiences over the last 15 years? Or maybe it's only 'bashing' if it ISN'T about LGB?

I’m sorry if you were offended by my analysis of the items I owned, I really am.

Mik,
Nobody used terms like “‘ventilator’ and red box brigade”.
Jon was merely bustin Rooster’s balls, much like guys do with Ford & Chevy.
The previous post Jon stated “I know nothing about LGB. Sorry.”

You took something intended as a joke, serious. We’ve all done it at one time or another.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
Mik, Nobody used terms like "'ventilator' and red box brigade". Jon was merely bustin Rooster's balls, much like guys do with Ford & Chevy. The previous post Jon stated "I know nothing about LGB. Sorry."

You took something intended as a joke, serious. We’ve all done it at one time or another.
Ralph

What’s this about Ford and Chevy? Trust me, Ralph, you don’t want to go there. :lol:

Here we go. :wink:

Steve Featherkile said:
What's this about Ford and Chevy? Trust me, Ralph, you don't want to go there. :lol:
Steam or Diesel, Battery power or track, standard or narrow gauge, brass or stainless or aluminum, chunky or creamy peanut butter, foreign or domestic, blond or brunette, am I leaving anything out :D Ralph

T.P over or under was left out Ralph. :slight_smile:

Hey Ralph! You got sumpin against redheads?

Steve Featherkile said:
No, but I can tell you the TP is supposed to go under :lol: Ralph
Mik said:
Ken Brunt said:
Seems to me you're the only one that's bashin anything.
And how do you know [b]I[/b] wasn't 'only joking'????.... Because I actually backed my opinions up with my personal (multiple) experiences over the last 15 years? Or maybe it's only 'bashing' if it ISN'T about LGB?

I’m sorry if you were offended by my analysis of the items I owned, I really am.

I’m not offended by anything you own. You can own anything thing you want.
Relax!!

Ralph Berg said:
Steve Featherkile said:
No, but I can tell you the TP is supposed to go under :lol: Ralph
Over. that way the cat can play with it. :o

Holy Crap – What’s all this ???

I go to work for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.

Mik, if my jousting with Dave offended you, I am sorry. I only meant to offend Dave. We do that to each other a lot. It’s a sign of friendship.

I like you. And I like your approach to modeling and garden railroading. I would have hoped that my many posts on your threads would have shown you that by now. If they didn’t, then I hope you realize that now.

Again - my post was not meant as an LGB bash and I’m sorry that it appeared that way to you. If you look back through all of the threads from that dark period, you will find very few posts from me and not one that I can recall that bashed the product or it’s users.owners in general.

Truce ?

Jon just remember TP over as Geoff says. Much closer to you when it’s time for the paper work too. :wink:
And as far as who likes which brand etc., who gives a rat’s ass. We buy what we want because we are the boss of our own RR.

Jon Radder said:
It's a sign of friendship.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!!! Me and Jon are friends (clapping hands)....he's like the big pink bunny rabbit I always wanted!!! I will love him and pet him and hug him and squeeze him and stroke his fur! I'm excited ...I have a friend! :)

It SNOWED today. Only 2 days ago it felt like June. I’m more worried about the trees, flowers, and stuff I just put in than a silly disagreement here. I apologise, and I’ll buy every one of ya a beer. Or at least those that volunteer to come help me move dirt :smiley: My 17 YO seems to have sprained her knee - so she claims she can’t even sit on the ground and plant posies…

Nah - I’ll buy you a beer.

Dave, on the other hand, I’m not so sure about. I do believe he has gone off the deep end (again). And I have to clean my screen [u]AGAIN[/u].

So Ken - Get any work done this week ?

Jon Radder said:
So Ken - Get any work done this week ?
Not a whole lot on the layout. Just general yard work. Spent most of the day spreading the dirt around. Planted a few things that I bought at the show. Thought about putting the buildings back out, then decided to wait till I get back from FL.