Large Scale Central

2022 Large Scale Train Show

Bruce
When I first inquired about this, the party room coordinator said she would email me a contract, twice.
Never got it. A more assertive approach may be warranted.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. Nothing yet here, either.
Iā€™ll try tomorrow and see whatā€™s going on.

So, I DID get the forms and have completed them and emailed them back to Sales.
Right now, it looks like we have the Montgomery Room from 3 PM to 11. (I thought I had told her to make it from check-in time [4 PM] to midnight.).

At any rate, we shall see where THIS goes!

1 Like

Bruce, thanks for taking care of this. I will not be able to make the show this year, unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you canā€™t make it, Bob!

Bummerā€¦
:cry:

and to meet min charactersā€¦
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

got room at crown plaza for $99 plus tax.

see everyone there

I returned the counter-signed contract for the meeting room, so the Drag & Brag is ON!

3-11 April 1 in the Montgomery room.

See you there! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, Jane and I wonā€™t make the show eitherā€¦
Yall have funā€¦

Hi Bruce. My name is Sarah, I am the Event Coordinator for the ECLSTS. We went to the Crowne Plaza and took pictures of the Montgomery room for you so you can plan out your evening and we have included the dimensions of the room as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

THANK YOU so much, Sarah, that was VERY nice! (Now I just wish I was a better plannerā€¦perhaps THEN I could come up with a great PLAN on what to do NEXT. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m more of a guy that just shows up and says ā€œHey, whereā€™s the beer???ā€ :innocent: )

Well, this is ā€œinterestingā€. Somehow the meeting requirements NOW specify 4 tables along the wall with 2 chairs at each table.

Hmm. Not sure where that came from. The 4 tables sounds OK for whatever, but Iā€™d like a LOT more chairs. Maybe 6 or 8 per tableā€¦

Any ideas? You can certainly tell Iā€™ve NEVER done anything like this beforeā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Bruce and Sarah!
Looking forward to going!

1 Like

Bruce,
Jerry Bohlander (Naptowneng) has been active on this thread but heā€™s in Florida vacationing. Heā€™ll be back home in Annapolis around the 20th, and heā€™s only 1 mile from the Crowne Plaza. Iā€™m sure heā€™d be happy to talk to the hotel or send you more photos.

I figger weā€™ll steal some chairs from the inevitable wedding in the next meeting room. And maybe some shrimp and a cheese platterā€¦ maybe a disco ball and dance pole for Roosterā€¦ :grin:

So we have it from 3 till 11? Cool, thatā€™ll give us time to fine tune the situation. Iā€™ll come early to help with that if you want.

I hope theyā€™re cool with bringing in our own beverages. Sarah, are you the official question-asker?

Cliff

Cliff, and Bruce;
When I first started ā€œRentingā€ a room at the old (Then) Holiday Inn in York. I requested a ā€œTub of iceā€ for us to put our own individual beverages in. No problem. An urn of Coffee might be nice too, if they donā€™t charge too much.
Generally, you must remember; I was dealing with the hotel by telephone from Ottawa Canada.
The best communication if you canā€™t stand face to face with the hotel person, is to get on the TELEPHONE, and tell them what you want. Get that contact personā€¦she/he is your ticket to success.

Well I have been on the phone with themā€¦

14 days to the D&B!!

Iā€™m still in ā€œconversationsā€ with the hotel, but they do make it a tad hard when you canā€™t leave a message because the mailbox is full. It doesnā€™t seem like email is any sort of preference eitherā€¦

I havenā€™t given up hope, but I suspect I will get there early just to make sure things are RIGHT.