Large Scale Central

2022 Large Scale Train Show

That picture has to be from 2008 or before.

EDIT: Ok, and 2004 was when Bart and I gave Fred his robes…

FWIW, I just booked at the Doubletree, but I’ll drive to wherever we can have a D&B.

Looking forward to seeing at least some of you guys!

So what’s the tally so far? This is what I’ve heard, feel free to correct…
Jerry B
Bruce C
Lou L
Cliff J

Who else is in?

BTW, last year a few of us attendees went to a really good BBQ place for lunch, Jerry, is this the place? Need to do that again for sure!!

OK. One very nice thing about digital pictures is that it stores the date and time. (One big caveat - I NEVER change the clock on my camera, so it is probably OFF)

SO…the picture that Sean asked about was taken at 8:38 on March 28, 2008.

The one in the bar, with Gary’s arm, Jon, Fred, Ken(!), and Bart taking a picture was taken at 6:57 April 1, 2006.

The one in the hotel room with Bart, Bob, Martha, Jean (and I think that’s Jan facing away from the camera) was taken at 10:10 on April 1, 2006.

The basket of mascots was taken at 10:16 on April 1, 2006.

The picture of the meeting room with all the D&B stuff on the table was taken at 6:55 on March 21, 2014.

We also had the meeting “room” at the Holiday Inn Express back on March 26, 2010.

Lots of FINE memories…

(March 24, 2012)

I’ve been entertained just going through my pictures.

1 Like

Yes Cliff it is Red Hot and Blue about 5 minutes west of Star Hobby. Has a blues music theme. :notes:

1 Like

Well, Pete it is a shop, not a garage! It just looks like a garage…

I had a good laugh when I saw Bob hair … :laughing:

Ok… this turning into a Hokey Old Picture thread not 2122 Large Scale Train Show as Fred once posted back in the day (or something like that?).

We wanna see Ric’s picture from the other side of the room.

Vincent and I will also be attending the show, wondering which hotel everyone will be staying at? Also let me know if I can help in any way with the D&B.

Thank you,

Nico

2 Likes

Nico, it looks like Bruce is at the Crown Plaza, and I’m at the Doubletree. So no clear pattern to this data set as yet…

Great that you and Vincent will come.

This is from the 2018 “early bird gathering.” I tried hard to get Donna to sign a love note to Fred, but she wasn’t having it. The closest I got was this shot with her and the inflatable sponge train set.

Also from that year was this amazing lashup of 5 Garratts on the Aickenback layout.

1 Like

Jon;
If the virus stuff could get under control; Everyone would be Very Welcome here in Ottawa…or possibly trying for Syracuse NY, so you guys wouldn’t have to cross the border…then there is the idea, of having a bit later “Party” at the Finger Lakes Live Steamers, in Morengo NY. Young Ric Golding, and his lovely events manager, Jan, could easily work that out, as he is a full member of the FLLS, where they have a good LS, Gauge 1 pike, along with their two ride-on tracks. They also have a great new Roofed “Party Centre” in case of “Damp Weather”…!!!..and yes Jon…you can camp on their grounds…!!

1 Like

We have booked 2 nights at Crowne Plaza Annapolis. $99 a night.

Well, I will step forward and get a meeting room at the Crowne Plaza - unless somebody has already done this? I’ll be putting out a “tip” jar to help cover the expense (and hopefully I’ll get more than a quarter! :money_mouth_face: )

1 Like

Won’t make it this year. May not be allowed to drive by then. Will miss firing up my “little stinkers”, as a friend calls them. Y’all have fun. (After 44 years in Roanoke. I’m starting to assimilate some of the lingo, but still keep the Pennsylvania Dutch “isms”. Ain’t not!)

Cheers, David Meashey

I suppose this year is too soon to plan an “alcove,” need things to settle down some. I’m sure Star would be happy to have it, but I doubt the traffic will warrant it yet. Could be wrong though; thoughts anyone?

Bruce, I’ll PM you regarding the Drag and Brag room arrangements.

1 Like

Bruce…I do wish I could be there, but I don’t drive, and no-one from here is planning on going.
Thank you, young friend, for trying to keep the wonderful tradition going. I hope you get great support. Ken would be proud of you, and would be sipping his iced tea while Kibitzing with you at the D&B. Any word of Ric and Jan, joining in ?
Fred Mills

It’s NOT final yet as I have NOT completed the paperwork yet (still haven’t received it), but it appears as if we will get the “Montgomery” room at the hotel ( Crowne Plaza Annapolis
173 Jennifer Road,Annapolis,Maryland,21401
)

I told them we would like about 6 tables and chairs to go with them. And ice.

We shall see!

3 Likes

https://www.mylargescale.com/threads/east-coast-large-scale-train-show-2022.92200/
Post from Sara, the Event coordinator. I’ll send her a message that you guys care too!

Well, in THEORY, I’ve booked the “Montgomery” room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. So, THAT’S where the Drag & Brag shall be! (Apparently they are not as enthusiastic about this, as I still have yet to receive any email about it)

1 Like