Large Scale Central

2011 challenge - THE GREENBUCK HOTEL

a certain gentleman had to leave the vicinity of the Mississippy and its riverboats very quickly. fate lets drift him into Hodge City just when the Southern & Gulf railroad reaches this sleepy town, and he witnesses the loading of the first cattle train leaving northwards. in the evening at the green table one of his pardners in sin mentions: “these cowboys smell of dung and greenbucks…” since this crucial moment he knew but one goal: the welfare of these hardworking cowpunchers! not long after his lifepath was given this new direction he had the incredible luck to win a lot in town, situated next to the station. and now, only a few months after the idea was born, our hardworking hero got enough funds to start building! ========================================== well, i got a problem. Mik wrote: “3. Clarity of photo/description log.” where and when does a building log start?? some wise man told me decades ago: “if in doubt, give them more than they need, and let them weed.” true to this motto i’ll start my building log at the very beginning. (not at Adam and Eve, but near, very near!) first was the decision, what to do. since i was made to believe, that a hotel would be easier than a corral or a stable, a hotel it will be. second - problems start. instead of being able to let my creativity flow, i have to clean my workspace! (at least some part of it) to be continued…

Kormy yer too K E W L !!! Hah LOL Regal will this one have indoor or outdoor plumbing???

the only plumbing done in Hodge City is done by the cowpunchers and their equalizers…

Is it done yet?

Korm, your workspace looked just about perfect to start. It was what? 4" deep with ‘shtuff’?.. More would start things falling on the floor, Less and you run the risk of swmbo flat filing the stuff she wants out of HER way on it… :wink:

Is it done yet? - yes. the sketch of the building is done.

It was what? 4" deep with ‘shtuff’? - yes, more or less. you should see my writing desk(s)…

Korm Kormsen said:
...... you should see my writing desk(s)...
Then maybe you know, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?".... :D

WOW! That’s worse than my work bench. You must really been working hard on that one.

Korm Kormsen said:
a certain gentleman had to leave the vicinity of the Mississippy and its riverboats very quickly. fate lets drift him into Hodge City just when the Southern & Gulf railroad reaches this sleepy town, and he witnesses the loading of the first cattle train leaving northwards. in the evening at the green table one of his pardners in sin mentions: “these cowboys smell of dung and greenbucks…” since this crucial moment he knew but one goal: the welfare of these hardworking cowpunchers! not long after his lifepath was given this new direction he had the incredible luck to win a lot in town, situated next to the station. and now, only a few months after the idea was born, our hardworking hero got enough funds to start building! ========================================== well, i got a problem. Mik wrote: “3. Clarity of photo/description log.” where and when does a building log start?? some wise man told me decades ago: “if in doubt, give them more than they need, and let them weed.” true to this motto i’ll start my building log at the very beginning. (not at Adam and Eve, but near, very near!) first was the decision, what to do. since i was made to believe, that a hotel would be easier than a corral or a stable, a hotel it will be. second - problems start. instead of being able to let my creativity flow, i have to clean my workspace! (at least some part of it) to be continued…

(http://kormsen.info/buildings/greenbuck/greenbuck01.JPG)

A clean workroom is a sign of a sick mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Mik said:

yes. and an orderly house is proof of a wasted life! and no, i don’t know much about ravens. You must really been working hard on that one. - no sir! i’m just a natural talent. my father was a messy and a genius, my mother was a genius and a messy - i inherited the messy part from both… … and my wife needed less than 15 years to learn that i can’t find anything in an orderly room.

I like the 6 way power office chair. also the pen to stur the coffee, ben there done that.
:slight_smile:

that office chair was borne as backseat in a Delica minivan.
as i like to change my sitting position this is much better than the office chairs i could afford.

My work table…needs a little clean-up before I can get any work done :wink:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/cabby/_forumfiles/mess001Med.jpg)

I did clean-up my desk. Women can be quite threatening and intimidating :smiley: Ralph

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/cabby/_forumfiles/mess004Med.jpg)

your desk is giving me the creeps…
only women can be so cruel to surpress the individuality of their own pardners.

well, i think its time to fill up the empty space on my workbench again.

I don’t dare post a picture of my desk. I’m lucky to find space to set my coffee cup.

I would show you a picture of my shop. But hazmat condemed it. They thought a nuked had gone off in it.

Jon and Eddie, so i suppose, that you both are prepared for the challenge, aren’t you? --------------------- i made a first mock up of hodge city to get a feeling for the desired dimensions.

For my computer-desk I found a simple solution. When I can no longer work at it I just use another desk. I’m on my third! The workspace for the trains is about the same!

Doug Arnold said:
For my computer-desk I found a simple solution. When I can no longer work at it I just use another desk. I'm on my third! The workspace for the trains is about the same!
i like your style.

on topic:
the walls are cut out, the windows are marked for cutting.
the walls will be made of coffeestirrers on thin plywood.
windows will be made from thin stripes of styrene on clear plasticand glued from behind.

Korm Kormsen said:

Mik said:

yes. and an orderly house is proof of a wasted life! and no, i don’t know much about ravens. You must really been working hard on that one. - no sir! i’m just a natural talent. my father was a messy and a genius, my mother was a genius and a messy - i inherited the messy part from both… … and my wife needed less than 15 years to learn that i can’t find anything in an orderly room.

(http://kormsen.info/mymess.JPG)

You must be ambi dextrious, with all doze monitors!! Regal Do you use em all at once??? Hah