Large Scale Central

WSRR 2022 Mik's Build Challenge Backwoods Station

Well to sidetrack Dans work for a minute an article in a magazine , a dude was working on the backside of his roof and tied the safety rope to his VW , as he was working he heard the unmistakable sounds of a Bug starting up, his wife pulled him off the house, but a nice bush broke his fall, minor injuries and one lucky dude !!!

Thanks, Devon. We don’t build stuff for the faint at heart :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Pete, I’m not sure which one needs to be removed from the gene pool: the man for tying himself to a car that someone else had keys to or the wife for not seeing a rope tied to the car and asking herself…. hmmm, I wonder what that’s all about, I might need to figure it out before driving off :upside_down_face: OR …… maybe she knew what was on the other end and …………….

It’s finished … sort of. I got all the structures done but I did not get the lights working. I got side tracked making a bending jig for small diameter brass tube and let time get away from me. But hey, I had fun anyway. Here are the finished photos.

Is it time to start next year’s project :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Nifty, Dan. Nicely painted, good combo of textures and materials. Well done!

Dang, that looks good, well done.

That little station would be at home anywhere! Very nice!

Dan, that’s one gorgeous station! I like your mixed-media approach, and the brick and woodwork look fantastic!

Reminds me of the station platform Jon Radder built for the challenge one year. However his was just a platform I believe and I’m hoping yours has modern amenities cause I gotta pee!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I always try to learn a new modeling technique with each Mik. This year was cutting (A PIA) and installing cedar shingles and painting brick. I think both turned out well for a first attempt. Everything needs more weathering but I let time slip by. I’ll do that after the entry photos are submitted.

Rooster, there are no windows on the back of the station so carry on :wink:

that came out great Dan

Well done Dan great choice of textures and finish :sunglasses:

Fantastic! Great! I like it!

Dan, maybe you haven’t had the chance yet, but you’re gonna post your excellent build pics on the official vote-for-me thread, right?

Thanks for the reminder, Cliff, but nah, I figured there was just to much competition this year and I didn’t want to hog all the votes :upside_down_face:

Yes, I will post photos this weekend when I have chance to get outside to photograph the build. During the week this time of year, it’s dark when I leave in the morning and dark when I get home :sob:

1 Like

You are either WAY to far North, or working WAY too many hours!

Cliff is turning into the photo cop!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:just kidding Cliff , I’m with you I want to start drooling over all the great entries , and start trying to figure out who I will vote for, and why!

Short days coupled with long hours :grimacing:

Can’t it be both? Or something?

You did such a nice job on this build. There is something very appealing about the size, design and mix of colours. I think this is one of my favorites this challenge.