Large Scale Central

workin' on the RR (double mainline)

I wish I lived down south. This winter was a tough one. Feb. was the worse I remember, since I was young. So it’s over and I’ve been trying to get back out there!

Nice railroad Joe! You have the perfect yard/railroad for open houses and family gatherings! I like how the railroad and gardens are clearly defined and neatly set.

Looks great, Joe. You’re off to a great start on the season. I live just south of you and I still can’t get in my mushy yard, yet.

You’er right about this past winter… Horrible! Glad it’s over.

Keep up the good work.

-Kevin.

lovely big yard it, I assume it loops the entire yard so how do you allow 1:1 people access without stepping on tracks? I am looking at ideas.

Nice work, Joe. But you know if you put in more track, there would be less grass to mow!

Wow, great looking railroad…

The tracks are easy to get to when the ground dries out. It is mushy right now from the big melt and all the rain. Just the grandkids come over and everyone steps carefully! I’m still adding ballast and connecting track and the wires.

I would love to remove all the grass and have a ton of track. I may need a few million dollars to complete this.

Thanks All!

Looking good. I can picture a long freight or fast passenger service making its way along.

Do you have any sidings or a crossover ?

Joe do you have any switches on your two loops?

Nice big area with sweeping curves, should be very reliable running.

Greg

I love how it works its way around your space.

Very NICE Joe!

I have several switches to be installed. I have tracks inside the garage for storing trains. There will be an outside yard for switching and a siding for holding a train out on the main. I want some industrial sidings to. So the RR will have a purpose. With track prices @ $10 a foot it’s taking some serious amount of cash. So this RR will be a few more years in the making. I just feel like I’m getting there fast now.

Thanks All, again.

That is very nice!

What did you use to support your layout’s dirt/rock from your privacy fence?

What a great start, and it seems to fit together perfectly, nice big curves too…I hope you give us some videos of some trains running!

Do you have some pictures of the garage set-up Joe?

There are timbers keeping the dirt away from the fence.

Here’s a pic from last year inside the shed

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/public/album_photo/eb/c6/01/1c426_f779.jpg?c=942d)

Joe,

Very nice set up.

Nico

Do like Marty does, and use wood strips instead of real rails in your inside storage. That would free up a lot of track for outside based on the pictures you showed. Greg

Joe Paonessa said:

I have several switches to be installed. I have tracks inside the garage for storing trains. There will be an outside yard for switching and a siding for holding a train out on the main. I want some industrial sidings to. So the RR will have a purpose. With track prices @ $10 a foot it’s taking some serious amount of cash. So this RR will be a few more years in the making. I just feel like I’m getting there fast now.

Thanks All, again.

Sounding general quarters!

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Hedgehog_launcher.jpg)

:slight_smile:

Joe looks good. I also like how a layout looks along the perimter pf the property. One of the advantages to having enclosed yards like that.