Large Scale Central

Wayne's Mik 2024 Oil Derrick

Wayne no pressure but how’s the bourbon pump coming?

Interesting. Might I suggest one made with Fireball. The cinnamon pairs nicely with the aromatic bitters.

1 Like

I think the 1:1 crew is still testing to decide which flavor to provide.

Could possibly have an update this weekend, as 2 scouting events will curtail the testing.

1 Like

I was a boy scout from 11 to 18. Some of my most cherished memories. Forget the challenge, mentor those boys and teach them to be respectable men. Or women should you be mentoring female scouts regardless of gender, scouting teaches the lost art of being respectable

1 Like

Yes, several scouting events the past couple of weeks also. The Troop was camping two weeks ago at the Klondike Derby. I was Campmaster last weekend, checking in the units staying at camp.

Glade to hear you enjoyed the scouting program. There has been some changes of late, but I still believe it is a great program. Teach values while still having fun!

1 Like

Taken under advisement :grin:

1 Like

Advisement acted upon and … wholeheartedly approved. Tried it, at a place known for their margaritas not their Old Fashions, and it will now be a regular order for me. Most places don’t carry Skrewball, a lot of places don’t carry good whiskey or bourbon, but almost every place has Fireball these days. It was very very tasty. Thanks Devon this is definitely going into the mix :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

You two have tempted my taste buds. I’ll need to chase these down. I’m a frequenter of Larceny these days :sunglasses:

1 Like

Glad you liked it Vik. Old fashioneds have become my goto cocktail. And I ran out of regular bourbon. I had some fireball that I likely would have not drank. So what the heck. And yeah I agree its a regular in the arsenal now.

I have some skrewball

The Burbon is back in the cabinet. I may have this figured out. Some new pics…

1 Like

But why is the bourbon back in the cabinet?

That was already stated in an earlier post, Scouting events, yesterday and today. :innocent:

Need to hit the scrap metal bin tomorrow, I need more bracing.

Okay fair enough. Bourbon and scouting probably not a good mix.

I have to ask, did you glue up that nice pine panel just to make a jig for this project or is that a previously glued up panel that has been commandeered.

Got more scrap metal and added the rest of the horizontal braces. The board assembly tool (pine) worked well. The picture is two sides one on top of th other. They look darn symmetrical to me.

2 Likes

Wayne,
I may have missed it…
How are you attaching the elements of the rig together? Welded? Soldered?

I am using SuperWeld made by J-B Weld. It is light cured adhesive, for quick set. It will full cure without light in 24 hours.

The tube has a built in UV light. With the metal, I point the light at the edges and that is enough to hold them in place while they full cure. I would guess if used on translucent plastic, you would get an instant full cure.

1 Like

Well here I am burning the midnight oil, but I got it done!

41 inches tall, so just under 77 scale feet. Is there a prize for the tallest MIC? :rofl:

It’s MIK and you win that prize!!!

That light activated JB weld looks futuristic. How does it hold up long term outdoors?