Large Scale Central

Virtual Drag & Brag?

1 GB Cloud Recording (per license)

I have done a Zoom and asked for a recording, which duly arrived a few hours later.

It occurred to me that I have been talking about what Dave T might do, announcing Mik results, etc. without hearing from him about what he wants. Dave T does any of this make any sense?

OK gang… MIK 2021

Feb 22nd, Winners announced.

Now to make it earlier would cut down on the amount of time for people to get their votes cast, as not everyone is online every day. Or later would make more sense, but may ire up the woodchucks…

Dave T.

OK, so how about if we do Saturday, Feb 27 at 7pm Eastern time. Dave T can announce the Mik winners whenever he wants. Anyone can “sign up” to show off a model, and all Mik participants are encouraged to do so if they can and want to.

Bob McCown, will you host this for us (your zoom account) and kind of act as emcee to control the “crowd” if needed?

Shall we have people sign up to show a model (or whatever they want) in a new topic, first come first served? Bob can post the zoom meeting pointer in that topic.

Please feel free to suggest something different if this has a problem. I’m just throwing something out there to try to reach a conclusion…

Cheers!

Sounds good to me. I can get it set up.

Jim Rowson said:

OK, so how about if we do Saturday, Feb 27 at 7pm Eastern time. Dave T can announce the Mik winners whenever he wants. Anyone can “sign up” to show off a model, and all Mik participants are encouraged to do so if they can and want to.

Bob McCown, will you host this for us (your zoom account) and kind of act as emcee to control the “crowd” if needed?

Shall we have people sign up to show a model (or whatever they want) in a new topic, first come first served? Bob can post the zoom meeting pointer in that topic.

Please feel free to suggest something different if this has a problem. I’m just throwing something out there to try to reach a conclusion…

Cheers!

Sounds good to me.

I recommend that it gets added to the upcoming events on the home screen.

Bruce Chandler said:

Jim Rowson said:

Cheers!

Sounds good to me.

I recommend that it gets added to the upcoming events on the home screen.

Done. Will add details as we move forward.

May I suggest that the “Moderator/Host” reserve some time, for people to introduce themselves. This planned “Meeting” is also an opportunity for many to put faces on names they see often on these pages and elsewhere in the hobby, on the web.

Thank you.

Fred Mills

it would be helpfull for some hillbillies (like me) if somebody would list, what soft- and hardware will be needed for participation.

and a foolproof “how to”.

Korm Kormsen said:

it would be helpfull for some hillbillies (like me) if somebody would list, what soft- and hardware will be needed for participation.

and a foolproof “how to”.

Korm,

The requirements are listed here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux. ( I happen to have a Mac with a built in camera, but it also supports phones ) If you don’t have any camera, you can join by audio.

Bob McCown said:

As a moderator on Zoom, I can mute everyone except one person, so we could do that as people present, then open it up maybe after each presentation?

I do believe that’s the polite way of saying I can SHUT YOU up!

Bruce Chandler said:

Bob McCown said:

As a moderator on Zoom, I can mute everyone except one person, so we could do that as people present, then open it up maybe after each presentation?

I can almost feel Bob grinning.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Bruce Chandler said:

Bob McCown said:

I’ve been in a metric ton of Zoom meetings in the last 11 months, and they work MUCH better when only one person is allowed to talk, otherwise its crazy.

Bob,

As a teacher I have the exact opposite problem. No one talks and no one turns on a camera. I state at a black screen all day long.

If you need help co-hosting, I can help out.

Craig Townsend said:

Bob,

As a teacher I have the exact opposite problem. No one talks and no one turns on a camera. I state at a black screen all day long.

Craig - you need to talk to my daughter! This year she switched to Kindergarten and is teaching ESL… the kids don’t even know what pay attention means! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

I am looking forward to it. I really do miss “youse guys”.

Lou Luczu said:

Hey, we miss seeing Joisey Lou! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Bruce Chandler said:

Lou Luczu said:

Hey, we miss seeing Joisey Lou! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Yea, I miss seeing everybody too.

Bruce Chandler said:

Craig Townsend said:

Bob,

Craig - you need to talk to my daughter! This year she switched to Kindergarten and is teaching ESL… the kids don’t even know what pay attention means! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

I teach high school and the kids log in, and roll back over and go to sleep. This is true except the bottom is all black.

Craig Townsend said:

Bruce Chandler said:

Craig Townsend said:

Bob,

I teach high school and the kids log in, and roll back over and go to sleep. This is true except the bottom is all black.

It’s always been that way…