Large Scale Central

video from own space

https://kormsen.info/videos/testfahrt01.mp4 https://kormsen.info/videos/testfahrt01.mp4

hmmm, that’s not what i had in mind…

I’m afraid to click on a link that includes the word “testfahrt”
Means one thing in German and quite another in English :slight_smile:
Ralph

Interestring… Like it.

Ralph??? in german it means a drive, to test either the road/track or the mashine/roling stock.
or do you mean the phonetic translation of the second part of that word? - rest assured, that in that field i left the testing phase behind me decades ago…

thanks, Noel.
do you have an idea, how to embed a video not stored on you tube?

at the moment i’m toying around with a mini cam. mounted it on a loco and receive the images on my tv set.
but the “anti termite” iron structure of the layout disturbes the signal.

Korm,

I can not download the information at your link using either Firefox 28 or IE8. What gives? I was going to try and figure out how to embed it for you, but it doesn’t download.

yes, Joe, when i myself click on it, my downloader asks me, what i want with it. clicking on “open” then it starts loading… 184 megabyte!
there must be another way. a more user friendly way.

Hi korm…
Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to record the video you are getting on the cam from the Eng. You said you have meg showing up on a load some where. Do you have that save? if so can bring it in to movie maker, then save it on computer is one idea. Then you can up load it to where ever. If want we can get on live video (google plus) together and go from there if want. Noel

oh! i had completely forgotten about that google chat!

until now i just took the raw mp4 file from my daughters telephone and loaded it up onto my webspace.
the link in the first post is that 184 mb upload.

the cabin-cam is a whole different pair of shoes again.
to make that work, i have to look in the attic for the pc with the receptor-card for that.

Korm -

I am by no means an expert on this subject, but I believe the first step would be to convert the MP4 video in to a streaming format like Flash. Once converted, getting it to stream here may take a bit of work as well. Probably easier to get an account somewhere and upload it.

OK - Joe kind of proved me wrong (he did convert it to Windows Media format). So howd’ya do that Joe???

Jon Radder said:

OK - Joe proved me wrong. So howd’ya do that Joe???

Jon,

It wasn’t easy! First I had to download Korm’s 184MB file and save it. Then I had to convert the mp4 to mpg so I could load it into Windows Movie Maker. I saved it to my computer as a wmv. Next I hosted it onto my website. The final step was to use the “Insert/edit embedded media” icon at the top of the reply box and selected “Windows Media” and viola! Easy as cake-NOT!

thank you, Joe.

just one more question - with which program did you change the mp4 to mpg?

Korm Kormsen said:

thank you, Joe.

just one more question - with which program did you change the mp4 to mpg?

Korm,

This what I used…it’s free.

http://www.anvsoft.com/any-video-converter-free.html

thank you.
the price is very much to my likening…

Tks Joe Z. for helping out… I didn’t get a chance to get back to Korm yesterday… Good program and I have it to now to.

well, next test…

i see it now, but with pauses for loading.

Korm,

Congratulations. It works too!

do you see it without pauses/interruptions?

Korm,

It takes a few seconds to load but then proceeds with no pauses on my system. I believe the pausing to load is a result of the download speed of your ISP.