Large Scale Central

Vic's 2024 Mik's Challenge, Produce Exchange Transfer Shed

Took a while to think of a business named. How does this sound:

“Sam and Ella’s Produce”

…say it out loud a couple times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reminds me of my uncle when he called out sick to go fishing for salmon…

He had a case of salmonella poisoning. The boat’s name was Salmonella…

Great start, Vic. How long did it take to eat that many popcicles :grin:

Looks great so far Vic and yes I like the name.

LOL, nah my doctor would smack me upside the head if I did that. I buy them at the Dollar stores, they are labeled “craft sticks” ooohh fancy fancy :crazy_face:

That’s no fun :wink:

Built a jig for the support columns. I will install them onto the inverted upper level that way they will stay stable until the glue dries. Also adding printed “tar paper” roofing. It’s from Paper Creek Products I bought years ago and just keep reprinting onto cardstock. I know what your going to say. That I’ll be done by next weekend. With the building yes, more or less, but I still have to make handrails and everything that goes under under the roof. Its a produce business, that means lots of crated veggies and such. Now I don’t have any worries making the crates, it the veggies I’m not sure how I’m going to create that. So got until the deadline to figure it out.

PLEEEAASE! - when you get to that part, take many pics!

Speed Vic. But you are not the only one this year. Several people are screaming through their builds. Makes me feel way behind.

The big test. Placed the legs down onto the inverted upper level, took adding cardstock shims to get everything lined up, then flipped and tested on the base. Yes it fits the way I hoped it would, whew! That’s a relief! Next will be handrails and lettering then onto the veggie details.

I think I overdid the false front, but I like the looks of it. :grin:

1 Like

The stairs look great! Those are tough to make. How did you do it?
I like the name Sam N Ella. Did you know that USAT made a boxcar with that name. They recently reissued it too.

2 Likes

Hi Todd, re the stairs, I didn’t. They are 1/2"scale dollhouse stairs. I picked them up last summer. I was going to use them on a mining building but I ended up not using them. Having them on hand was a big reason I went with this build idea.

Vic:

Looking really good. I personally like a structure that has a variety of different materials, textures, and colors. Nice job.

1 Like

Vic since when have you EVER worried about something being over the top? I love the false front. I am loving this. When you’re done and you decide you hate it, ill give you my address and you can mail it to me.

Well dang I dun hit a roadblock. Here’s the build to date on the layout with whatever I could scrounge up as details. But the packet of sculpty clay I was going to use to make the veggies has completely disappeared. Not in my workbench area, not in any of the boxes I have looked in so far. I got one or two more boxes to dig out but if I come up dry I’m going to have to get some modelling clay from Michaels. I really don’t want to do that as I was hoping I could go zero dollars again this year.

SPEEDY VIC has done it again! quickest builder by far!

1 Like

Why do I think that he doesn’t have an day job, or weekend distractions.

Looking good Vic…

1 Like

My wife has been binging the series "Suits, all nine seasons, every night since the challenge began so I’ve had lots of evening time to work on this. :wink:

Went through the boxes buried deepest and as the saying goes, a lost item is always in the last place you look. Sure enough there was my Sculpty, so no special purchases yet.

1 Like

Vic, you know you have 30 days, not 30 hours to complete your project :smiley: What a great looking structure. Looking forward to seeing your veggie details.

2 Likes

Huge surprise. . .Week two and Vic is already on the fidley detail parts.

Looks awesome Vic.

1 Like