Large Scale Central

@*$*(!#* Vandals!

The hazards of outdoor railways.

Posts torn out of the ground, ladder ripped (I guess wood would have been stronger), rails bent. I think I can save the switch. I’ll hang them with a new rope.

That SUCKS big time. Time for either a taller fence or a bigger dog, or both.

As for hanging, depends with private part you hange’em from.

Holy Crap, man. Kill em!

That really sucks. Vandals are worse than parasites.

Gave out the generic K-Mart Candy didn’t ya? Seriously…if thats as close to the house as I think it is…that took some brass bearings…

Bruce,
I’m sorry. I hope it makes your will stronger.

Bruce Chandler said:
The hazards of outdoor railways.

Posts torn out of the ground, ladder ripped (I guess wood would have been stronger), rails bent. I think I can save the switch.

I’ll hang them with a new rope.

Knock on wood: With my extensive outdoor railway I have not seen one vandalism incident in the six years it has existed, although I DO have 8-foot cattle fences topped with barbed wire protecting most of it! I can think of few things more irritating than having to deal with the destructive forces of mindless vandals (I know–redundant). Good luck restoring that section and take the appropriate security measures. This may just be a sign of the times.

OK. Fixed. A painful experience: I pinched a finger between two boards, and attempted to put a screw through my thumb. Ouch.

The brass rail broke when I tried to straighten it, so I had to patch in a new section.

Any ideas for security cameras? Cheap?

Check deer hunting cameras. My son has them all over the woods around his house. They are hidden and have a small disc you can put in your computer or a more expensive version has online feed. You can set them up for when to run. Check Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop.

Bruce Chandler said:
OK. Fixed. . . Any ideas for security cameras? Cheap?
Sam's Club or Costco. I use one with a set of three cameras I picked up at Sam's Club two years ago.

Dont forget to attach the cameras to a Phalanx

I’m thinking I need to go back to my military experience. While in the 82nd Airborne, I was responsible for the guard…and we were armed with sawed off shotguns. Scariest range I ever ran. Yeah, we had some dogs, too, but they were just our companions.

Wow Bruce - That really sucks.

Maybe it’s time for track power - constant 240V

JR

Hangin’s too good for 'em. I can think of several ways to kill 'em slow, but this is a family site so I can’t spell 'em out here. Bob won’t let Warren call me a moron, so I’m sure that I can’t get away with describing the sport of kings. Besides, Her Thighness might get upset.

Still, if’n you are dead set :smiley: on hangin’, a new rope will make sure the job is done right.

Glad to hear that things are pretty much back to normal, whatever that is. I heard it was a setting on the dryer, but what do I know?

Motion detector lights would prolly go a long ways too…those are fairly cheap…course ya want the kind that you can adjust the sensitivity on…

How about the deer scaring things that squirts a hose at them. Then you could tell the police to look for a couple of guys that are wet. Motion lights, a camera and a hose that directs a spray toward motion. Not as much fun as 220 volts, sulfuric acid and clay moors, but will keep you out of trouble.

Deep pits, hidden with loose trap covers, and punji sticks, tipped with poison in the bottom of the pits…

Just my 2 cents worth…

I think I’ll start looking at the disturbed ground around Andy’s house a little closer.

Should you go missing, Ric, at least we will know where to look…:smiley:

Now we know where Andy gets all the fill for his railroad.