Large Scale Central

Update

Some of you have noticed that v.47 is out. That took care of most of the building trains issues, and a few of you have said that the Train Detail dialog box doesn’t have any odd surprises in it.

.48 will have the switchlists fixed to reflect the changes to building trains. This is requiring a fairly extensive gutting of the reports engine, but it should be ready soon.

Hmmmm, I had some other computer issues … however Build47 still does the train shuffle.

I’ll run it through two days, then index it by two more and then let you know. :wink:

HJ -

Are you still getting the shuffle in the Train Detail box, or just on the switch list?

I’ve tried to run through a few trains for everyone’s database that I have (I have John’s now, too!) and make sure it LOOKS like its building correctly, anyway. Though you guys are more familiar with the nuances of your RR, I can check for any glaring anomalies and incorrect data.

On another note, I’ve had lots more interest in people getting copies to work with, so I’d like you guys, as the initial group of testers, to let me know what additions you’d like to see. We’ve already talked about a lot of them (empties return to an industry, empty routing working like it should, car movement over two or more trains, commodity-based instead of car-based industry IN/OUT). What else is on your “nice to have” list?

Turns?

If I send a loaded car to an interchange, do I have to use HJ’s idea of telling the program where it is finally going, or will the program automatically turn it into an empty after a few days?

Fer instance, I send a load of lumbar from Potlatch Forest Industries(PFI) in Potlatch, ID, to a destination in Spokane, WA, but I only model the railroad to the GN/NP interchange at Palouse, WA. The car is owned by PFI. Will the program know to return it to PFI, not the next day, but after a suitable interval?

Or a grain car full of flour to a bakery in Windswept Junctions, ID, via the interchange with the MILW. The car belongs to the GN. Will it return to me on the WI&M? Or will it be sent as an empty to Chicago?

Right now, any car that goes ‘off layout’, for any reason, will return, at some future date, as either a load or empty, depending on what’s needed on the RR.

So, if I understand your question correctly, the answer is both yes and no. :slight_smile: The car will return, but it may be a load (for some other industry) or an empty.

Right now, there is no “when empty return car to”, but thats on my list of stuff to do next.

In lieu of turns, or maybe in addition to… The ability to include a town more than once on a train. Reasons: 1 - To show intended route of a train when two or more routes (loops etc.) exist to get from origin to destination. 2 - To allow originating and terminating in the same yard for an out and back job. Example: My indoor division is a reverse loop / balloon track…

(http://lsc.cvsry.com/cvsr_in_schem-08-640.jpg)

I’d like to originate my Mixed Train at KIST and build the consist on the departure track (incorrectly marked TYRE). The first stop will be HONY, but I want to force a shove move (counter clockwise around the loop) so I route via MEAD to HONY. I’ll work the Trans-Load at NOOK and stop at WILO and before heading to the Outdoor division via EAST. I want to indicate that the shove move ends at HONY. The easiest way would be to route past NOOK to EAST via MEAD, except I’ve already used MEAD. My work around is to use KIST to HONY via MEAD to indicate the shove move route, then forward to NOOK then EAST via WILO. That works for the outbound, but when the train returns from the Outdoor Div. to terminate at TYRE I can’t force a route around the loop because I’ve already use all of the towns. That and I’d like to stop at the passenger stations at HONY and WILO again, but I can’t list them. I suppose the route decision on the return doesn’t matter and can be an engineer preference. Either way will turn the train so it can back into the yard at TYRE to terminate the train. So I guess it’s just the desire to list the passenger stops again that I’m lacking. Confused yet ?

Bob McCown said:
Right now, any car that goes 'off layout', for any reason, will return, at some future date, as either a load or empty, depending on what's needed on the RR.

So, if I understand your question correctly, the answer is both yes and no. :slight_smile: The car will return, but it may be a load (for some other industry) or an empty.

Right now, there is no “when empty return car to”, but that’s on my list of stuff to do next.

Actually, there are three types of owners of cars.
1. Local Industries, i.e. PFI and Bennet Lumbar
2. The branchline that I am modeling, the Washington, Idaho and Montana Railway Company
3. The big boys, the GN, NP, MILW, and others.

Actually, there is a 4th type, off site local owners like Willamette Industries.

Just to confuse things a little…

Bruce and I have been busy the last few days working out some small glitches and major kinks.

v63 is out now. I’ve run it through everyone’s DB that I have and see no glaring oddities.

Don’t forget to check the release notes to see whats changed since your last version.

I haven’t exercised it much in quite a while. I’ll try and give .63 a run and see how it goes. I’ve made some changes in the routing of my trains that might help some too. I’m still wrestling with some of that stuff from my post above, but I’ll get it eventually.

Bob
My version is stuck on run 53 and will not update. What to do?

What do you mean it won’t update? Does the update dialog come up ?

Nope, it just loads as happily as you please, ready to go with run 53. There is no search for anything else. Is there a way to go look for an update?

Just go here

http://www.largescalecentral.com/TrainOps/

and download the latest.

Just upgraded tp Build 63. Holy Moly, lots of new stuff! Now if I could find a way to reset to first of the year and start all over. At least now I can see what wasn’t filled, what got stuck and all the rest. Just a matter of figuring out how to get things “unstuck”. sigh!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Right now it doesn’t find any cars to build trains. PERIOD! Not a single one! What gives??

Same problem here too, no cars for the Montgomery Turn

Bob,

On the “uninstall” routine, any way to design that so it gets rid of everything that relates to TrainOps (clean slate)? Took me quite a few searches to get all the remnants out!